Hunting around Ft Knox

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Hunting around Ft Knox

Postby Waldoo » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:18 pm

I am in the Army and was stationed at Ft Knox in the mid 90s. I loved the turkey and deer hunting, but never really found a good place to duck hunt. I loved the people and the area and am trying to get back there and was wondering if anyone knows of any public land to duck hunt or if there are any spots on post? I have a 1436 jon boat and about 10 dozen goose, puddler and diver decoys.
2013 - 2014
Turkey - 2
Dove - 37
Blue Wing - 117
Green Wing - 22
Redhead - 5
Shoveler - 8
Pintail - 8
Mallard - 1
Gadwall - 5
Ringneck - 1
Hooded Merganser - 1
Waldoo
hunter

Postby kyduck » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:35 pm

At fort knox there are a few places...mostly privately owned. You have some good hunting priveledges on fort knox property for deer, turkey, and some ducks. Also the Ohio is not far away and don't forget about the local lakes and rivers Nolin and Taylorsville. Best of luck.
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby uky_wildcat » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:54 am

There are a few ponds and lakes that you can hunt on Fort Knox. I've hunted there before and did ok. You can always go to the river via Wolf Creek, Brandenburg, West Point, etc. But most hunting around the area is private. Let me know if you find anything!
Always looking for some ducks
uky_wildcat
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting