Kentucky Lake Info for this weekend

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Kentucky Lake Info for this weekend

Postby DeadDuck » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:10 am

Fellas,
My buddy and I are construction project managers from Nashville. We would like to try hunting Kentucky Lake (or Barkley) this weekend. Can anyone give me some information on areas to look at starting, noted for drawing ducks when they are in? Tennesse or Kentucky is fine. We have licenses for both and LBL permits.
I have room for one person if anyone would like to jump in with us and hunt / show us where to go. We will grab a hotel room, pound a few beers, and hang out Saturday night. I will buy the room, food, and beer.
We will be hunting out of a 18ft boat with full killer weed blind and heaters. If you can put us on a place I can get us there. I have all of the decoys we need (plenty of GHG Gadwall, Mallard, and divers). Or, if you have any spots marked with GPS you can send them to me by private message.
Also, please let me know if we are completely wasting our time, you might suggest someplacve else for us to try out.

Thank,
DD
DeadDuck
hunter

Postby kyduck » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:45 pm

From what I have heard there are not a whole lot of ducks down right now. The temps are probably supposed to start dropping this weekend so hunting might be somewhat better in a week or so. As for an area to go on KY lake ?
Good luck.
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting