Opening day pics

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Re: Opening day pics

Postby mox » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Could've killed more divers but wife needed puddle ducks for fajitas tonight so the man of the house provided. BBs for training purposes only.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:26 am

KYfowl20's openin day of school pic back in the day.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:44 pm

I can't believe the photo of the poached grebe wasn't deleted by the op. Seriously you can get in trouble online. Just givin you a heads up
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:21 am

Yeah he should of deleted that a long time ago
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:26 am

I've got a gamewarden buddy that lives right down the street from me actually... Wonder what he'd have to say about this...
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:13 pm

teddysberna wrote:I've got a gamewarden buddy that lives right down the street from me actually... Wonder what he'd have to say about this...

From what I hear it is already being investigated.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby feetdownky » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:10 am

KyFowl20 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:I've got a gamewarden buddy that lives right down the street from me actually... Wonder what he'd have to say about this...

Let it go dude. I am sure you have never made a mistake. Besides you started a pic thread and havn't seen nothing but ribbing a dude for making a mistake. And I promise the Game and Fish have a lot more on there hands right now than a grebe.
About morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.
Ernest Hemingway
feetdownky
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:39 pm

feetdownky wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:

Let it go dude. I am sure you have never made a mistake. Besides you started a pic thread and havn't seen nothing but ribbing a dude for making a mistake. And I promise the Game and Fish have a lot more on there hands right now than a grebe.

you may be suprised.. they take that kind of thing pretty serious.. and you can't call that a mistake.. that was blatent stupidity.. you own that, so call it what it is..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:42 pm

oh, and to lighten the mood.. first 2 days of season.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby feetdownky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:19 am

possumfoot wrote:
feetdownky wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:

you may be suprised.. they take that kind of thing pretty serious.. and you can't call that a mistake.. that was blatent stupidity.. you own that, so call it what it is..

Maybe your not up to speed on the current state of affairs the KY game and fish. I will stick with my original statement, they have bigger fish to fry at this moment.
About morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.
Ernest Hemingway
feetdownky
hunter

Postby mike_b » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:12 am

feetdownky wrote:Maybe your not up to speed on the current state of affairs the KY game and fish. I will stick with my original statement, they have bigger fish to fry at this moment.

I think had he been approached by a CO in the field he would be let go with a warning. But I think if someone has made an issue and called a CO about this they may actually act on it.
mike_b
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:56 am

mike_b wrote:
feetdownky wrote:Maybe your not up to speed on the current state of affairs the KY game and fish. I will stick with my original statement, they have bigger fish to fry at this moment.

I think had he been approached by a CO in the field he would be let go with a warning. But I think if someone has made an issue and called a CO about this they may actually act on it.

Depends on CO and his mood. I know a fellar who bought a brand new pump. Got checked last week and it didn't have a plug in it. Never been fired had the receipt from 2 days prior. Only had 3 shells in it but fit a 4th when CO tried. He admitted it was his fault, he shoulda checked it. But thats an easy mistake on a new gun. Everything else at the hunt was legal but he no longer has his shotgun. Boyle County. I thought it was a little harsh for a someone with no previous offences with any law enforcement and it being a new gun.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:17 pm

feetdownky wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
feetdownky wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:

Maybe your not up to speed on the current state of affairs the KY game and fish. I will stick with my original statement, they have bigger fish to fry at this moment.

maybe you are right.. guess i'll do em a favor and forward it to USFWS.. better break out the lube and bend over..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:18 am

brsutton86 wrote:
mike_b wrote:

Depends on CO and his mood. I know a fellar who bought a brand new pump. Got checked last week and it didn't have a plug in it. Never been fired had the receipt from 2 days prior. Only had 3 shells in it but fit a 4th when CO tried. He admitted it was his fault, he shoulda checked it. But thats an easy mistake on a new gun. Everything else at the hunt was legal but he no longer has his shotgun. Boyle County. I thought it was a little harsh for a someone with no previous offences with any law enforcement and it being a new gun.

That's devastating
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby mox » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:59 pm

brsutton86 wrote:
mike_b wrote:

That's like buying a new car and not using blinkers/seat belt. It's the law. Use a plug. If you don't have one use a pencil.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby bmars » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Is it just us knuckleheads from KY that treat each other like this? Sheesh. This thread needs to be taken out back and shot.
bmars
hunter

Postby mox » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:35 pm

bmars wrote:Is it just us knuckleheads from KY that treat each other like this? Sheesh. This thread needs to be taken out back and shot.

Easy pops. Wasn't looking for a penalty flag, just saying no plug=citation just about every time. Regardless of situation. Be prepared.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby bmars » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:18 am

Between the plug hazing and the cracks on the guy who shot the Grebe (and the thinly veiled threats to turn him in to state and federal law enforcement), it just seems a little over the top. That poor guy with the Grebe is clearly just startin out. Why chase him from the sport and/or a forum where he could learn a lot?

Merry Christmas.
bmars
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:07 pm

bmars wrote:Between the plug hazing and the cracks on the guy who shot the Grebe (and the thinly veiled threats to turn him in to state and federal law enforcement), it just seems a little over the top. That poor guy with the Grebe is clearly just startin out. Why chase him from the sport and/or a forum where he could learn a lot?

Merry Christmas.

do stupid crap, win stupid prizes... the excuse is no diffent than shooting an eagle, while thinking it was a blue goose..

though if i were to guess, your prolly daddy trying to come to the rescue cause Jr. done got a Boboo and was not proprely prepared as a kid how to deal with life.. :lol3:

possumfoot
hunter

Postby mox » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:46 pm

possumfoot wrote:
bmars wrote:Between the plug hazing and the cracks on the guy who shot the Grebe (and the thinly veiled threats to turn him in to state and federal law enforcement), it just seems a little over the top. That poor guy with the Grebe is clearly just startin out. Why chase him from the sport and/or a forum where he could learn a lot?

Merry Christmas.

do stupid crap, win stupid prizes... the excuse is no diffent than shooting an eagle, while thinking it was a blue goose..

though if i were to guess, your prolly daddy trying to come to the rescue cause Jr. done got a Boboo and was not proprely prepared as a kid how to deal with life.. :lol3:

Point. Set. Match.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby bmars » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Not his daddy, just a guy who is thankful to have been forgiven for more than a few mistakes in my day. I hope you two continue to be the only men on earth who have never had to say, "I'm sorry" or "My mistake".
bmars
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:45 pm

bmars wrote:Not his daddy, just a guy who is thankful to have been forgiven for more than a few mistakes in my day. I hope you two continue to be the only men on earth who have never had to say, "I'm sorry" or "My mistake".

oh, quite contrary.. but i'm not the guy laughing about how KFWS has bigger fish to fry than a person who killed a protected bird while waterfowl hunting, then posted it on the web with the comment "KY F&W has bigger things to worry about".

that is the same genious as someone getting on an H&R Block forum and saying "i cheated on my taxes, but the irs has bigger problems than lil ol me.. LOL"..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby mike_b » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:26 pm

brsutton86 wrote:

Due process? I can understand confiscating a gun for evidence but surely he was given a court date.
mike_b
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:13 pm

mike_b wrote:
brsutton86 wrote:

Due process? I can understand confiscating a gun for evidence but surely he was given a court date.

I know him, but heard the story through a buddy who was there hunting with him. So, how exact thr story is im unsure. But the way it was explained to me, he was told if he wanted it back he would have to attend the auction and buy it back. Again, I wasn't there just the story I got. I have and do hunt with this group from time to time. There not one to add birds to a limit or float a 4th shell.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby mike_b » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:53 pm

brsutton86 wrote:
I know him, but heard the story through a buddy who was there hunting with him. So, how exact thr story is im unsure. But the way it was explained to me, he was told if he wanted it back he would have to attend the auction and buy it back. Again, I wasn't there just the story I got. I have and do hunt with this group from time to time. There not one to add birds to a limit or float a 4th shell.

Last I checked everyone is afforded by the constitution rights to due process and an presumption of innocence. Sounds possible that some CO may have gotten sticky fingers if they spouted off judgement instead of issuing a citation and a court summons.... but there may be a lot more to the story.
mike_b
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting