Duck Hunting Forum banner

duck report

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  teamoutlaw 
#1 ·
hunted opening day . didn't get to hunt normal spot someone beat us to it . saw a lot of ducks had two groups work and a few twos and threes .one group of geese. went back Saturday only two trucks at ramp . got our normal spot . no ducks till 8:00 then the gates opened great numbers. but not one goose ?? hunt around Patriot In. anyone hunting up that way see any geese ? Be safe and good luck to all

#6 ·
bullfries said:
huntthemup said:
its very odd to have so many ducks and so very few geese . thanks for verifying what we have been seeing or not seeing I should say .
drove across the 275 bridge this morning. Lots of geese between the power plants.
i drive that bridge a couple time a week myself. there are always geese/ducks down in the fields/water between the bridge and the power plant. very private property though... also, i might be mistaken on this, but i thought that the USCG basically said no hunting on the river from the eastern 275 bridge to the other 275 bridge. can't find the link to that information right now though, so it is very possible that i am mis-remembering.

#7 ·
GoBlue82 said:
bullfries said:
huntthemup said:
its very odd to have so many ducks and so very few geese . thanks for verifying what we have been seeing or not seeing I should say .
drove across the 275 bridge this morning. Lots of geese between the power plants.
i drive that bridge a couple time a week myself. there are always geese/ducks down in the fields/water between the bridge and the power plant. very private property though... also, i might be mistaken on this, but i thought that the USCG basically said no hunting on the river from the eastern 275 bridge to the other 275 bridge. can't find the link to that information right now though, so it is very possible that i am mis-remembering.
I'd be curious if that's true or not

#8 ·
GoBlue82 said:
bullfries said:
huntthemup said:
I've been checked by the wardens plenty of times in that stretch of river, they have never said anything about not being allowed to hunt it.

#10 ·
huntthemup said:
Still have good numbers of ducks . Seeing more geese. Been a great season so far . Be safe out there the Ohio can get pretty hairy in the dark . And be men and wear a life jacket your families will thank you .
I guess that was you I heard doing all the shooting yesterday? We hunted in the back of lick creek and kill 1 green head. Didnt see much either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.