duck report

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

duck report

Postby huntthemup » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:50 pm

hunted opening day . didn't get to hunt normal spot someone beat us to it . saw a lot of ducks had two groups work and a few twos and threes .one group of geese. went back Saturday only two trucks at ramp . got our normal spot . no ducks till 8:00 then the gates opened great numbers. but not one goose ?? hunt around Patriot In. anyone hunting up that way see any geese ? Be safe and good luck to all
huntthemup
hunter

Re: duck report

Postby bullfries » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Haven't been seeing the usual numbers of geese around the area, killed one the other day out of a small group. Been seeing a lot by aep and lawrenceburg area.
bullfries
hunter

Postby huntthemup » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:54 pm

its very odd to have so many ducks and so very few geese . thanks for verifying what we have been seeing or not seeing I should say .
huntthemup
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Hadn't seen many geese til today. Killed 11. Lex area
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby bullfries » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:16 am

huntthemup wrote:its very odd to have so many ducks and so very few geese . thanks for verifying what we have been seeing or not seeing I should say .

drove across the 275 bridge this morning. Lots of geese between the power plants.
bullfries
hunter

Postby GoBlue82 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:49 am

bullfries wrote:
huntthemup wrote:its very odd to have so many ducks and so very few geese . thanks for verifying what we have been seeing or not seeing I should say .

drove across the 275 bridge this morning. Lots of geese between the power plants.

i drive that bridge a couple time a week myself. there are always geese/ducks down in the fields/water between the bridge and the power plant. very private property though... also, i might be mistaken on this, but i thought that the USCG basically said no hunting on the river from the eastern 275 bridge to the other 275 bridge. can't find the link to that information right now though, so it is very possible that i am mis-remembering.
GoBlue82
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:08 pm

GoBlue82 wrote:
bullfries wrote:

i drive that bridge a couple time a week myself. there are always geese/ducks down in the fields/water between the bridge and the power plant. very private property though... also, i might be mistaken on this, but i thought that the USCG basically said no hunting on the river from the eastern 275 bridge to the other 275 bridge. can't find the link to that information right now though, so it is very possible that i am mis-remembering.

I'd be curious if that's true or not
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby bullfries » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:40 pm

GoBlue82 wrote:
bullfries wrote:

I've been checked by the wardens plenty of times in that stretch of river, they have never said anything about not being allowed to hunt it.
bullfries
hunter

Postby huntthemup » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Still have good numbers of ducks . Seeing more geese. Been a great season so far . Be safe out there the Ohio can get pretty hairy in the dark . And be men and wear a life jacket your families will thank you .
huntthemup
hunter

Postby bullfries » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:41 am

huntthemup wrote:Still have good numbers of ducks . Seeing more geese. Been a great season so far . Be safe out there the Ohio can get pretty hairy in the dark . And be men and wear a life jacket your families will thank you .

I guess that was you I heard doing all the shooting yesterday? We hunted in the back of lick creek and kill 1 green head. Didnt see much either.
bullfries
hunter

Postby duckheadforge » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Anyone have a Ballard update ? Rest of group gave in to wife pressure and I'm debating wether its worth the 5 hr trip.
duckheadforge
hunter

Postby huntthemup » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:34 pm

It could have been we had a lot of fun sat and Sunday.
huntthemup
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:28 am

duck head they are holding 60k i think. there is ducks there and ice. just all depends on the drawing.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting