Ballard and Boatwright

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Ballard and Boatwright

Postby QuackHeadEd » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:14 am

Just moved to the Benton area over the summer and looking for a few more options on public hunting for me and my son in the area besides Ky and Barkley lakes. Have heard Ballard and Boatwright have some pretty decent hunting. Haven't been able to find much info on these online. Do they have walk in areas? Wouldn't mind hunting with someone familiar with the area if they have an open spot.....
QuackHeadEd
Newb

Re: Ballard and Boatwright

Postby KyFowl20 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Another great first post :thumbsup:
But since your takin your kid, ill give ya a little info. I haven't ever hunted Ballard. But it is a daily draw system. Pay $10-$15 per person for a chance to draw a spot, if you get turned away you get your money back. I've always heard its rigged for locals. And I have several buddies that have been there several times and always get the chittiest blinds on the wma.
Boatwright is a big local spot. Hard to just head down and hunt it. It will take you getting out and scouting and learning the area well if you want to do well. Good luck.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Re: Ballard and Boatwright

Postby QuackHeadEd » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks for the info.
QuackHeadEd
Newb

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting