duck hunting in kentucky

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

duck hunting in kentucky

Postby tistis » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:23 am

I will be duck hunting in ky this year and need to see what out there in the way of place to hunt
tistis
hunter

duck hunting KY

Postby cthornton542 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:37 am

I have heard there is pretty good hunting in Broward county (spelling?) KY. I have been looking for a guide out that way for a couple day hunt. Any information?
cthornton542

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:09 am

I know of a place called Ballard county. It is very good for Duck and moct knowen for Geese. It is in the western part of the state and is located about 20 miles west of Paducha Ky.

duck hunting in Kentucky

Postby merlin1 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:38 am

`Where is this place???Name etc. and do you know they have openings????? Desparately looking and interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!
merlin1

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:58 am

It is listed as Ballard County refuge should be someone there to answer calls. I will see if I can locate a phone number for you in the next few days

SWAP A HUNT

Postby FOWLER267 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:33 pm

I HUNT IN WESTERN KY AND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SWAPPING A HUNT FOR JUST ABOUT ANYTHING..WE GET PUDDLE/DIVERS AND A FEW GEESE. WE HUNT OPEN LAKES, SLOUGHS, TIMBER (VERY LIMITED) AND BACKWATER IF IT'S OUT. WE ALSO HUNT REELFOOT ON OCCASION..A BUDDY AND I ARE VERY WELL EQUIPPED AND SAFETY MINDED...WE MAINLY HUNT WEEKENDS BUT WILL HAVE 1-3 WEKS OF VACATION DURING THE SEASON . (THANKSGIVING TILL JAN. 20TH) 270-753-9094 (MACHINE HAS SHAWNEE AIR SYSTEMS I.E. MY DAY JOB ON IT) OR CELL# 270-853-1911 MAX
FOWLER267
hunter

henting in ballard county

Postby potter » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:52 pm

Last year i hunted in ballard co. and I plan on it this year. its a place known for the geese but the ducks are here this year. I am hunting long pond in cherekee and its pretty good but if your looking for some hard core duck and goose hunting then call up Ricky Waldon at waldon hunting lodge.(1-270-224-2020) the best hunt in ballard co. but it will cost you...
But i prommise it is worth it.
potter

Kentucky duck leases

Postby rwatkins » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:29 pm

deleted text
rwatkins
Newb

A Waldon's yell next to my ear

Postby Poke Boater » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:36 am

potter above mentioned Ricky Waldon and his lodge in WK. A surprise was in store for me several years back in the late 80's. Two veneer log buyers, one of their truckers (me), an Illinois taxidermist / goose guide, and Ricky were in a floating field blind across the Ohio river up stream from Cairo, Il. I was soon to learn about Ricky Waldon next to me as geese came in early.

The volume that his mouth calling had was echoing off the woods to the South. I said, "I've never heard that volume and goose calling quite like that." The Illinois guide said, " Ricky won Kentucky's state goose calling championhip in Paducah." I said, "Pleased to meet you, and no wonder you won. Congratulations on the win." It was a Christmas gift to remember from my log buyer.

Yep! Ballard county for sure. :thumbsup:
#1 If a falling duck's head is "held up" shoot again.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Postby soggybottomboys » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:46 pm

For unguided hunts you should check to see if there are any refuges in your area some info can be found on KDFWR site www.kyafield.com i think is the the website or just type in KDFWR on yahoo for guided hunts
soggybottomboys
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:52 pm

Well my dad and about 10 of us 4 years ago killed about 20 ducks in one day and 4 of the were banded ducks so thats tellin u somthin I think mabey the day after christmas might be good cause the last two or three days have been cold and windy and it's suspose to dye down alot and get colder
Bucky193
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:55 pm

Let me refraise that 6 of us were only 9 years of age the older ones killed them in a matter of minets and ran out of 5 boxes of shells in 39 minets
Bucky193
hunter

Postby Giv'em3 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:16 am

Bucky are you saying that you are 13 years old?
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If that don't light your Fire, your woods WET!!!!
Giv'em3
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:18 am

Yup and ive hunted ever since I was 8 years oldand I love it
If only my dog could talk and cook I wouldn't need a wife.
Bucky193
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:24 pm

And when I get older and I have some kids Im goin to take them huntin to spread the SPIRIT
Bucky193
hunter

Postby Giv'em3 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:59 am

Bucky193 wrote:And when I get older and I have some kids Im goin to take them huntin to spread the SPIRIT

I hope you are not refering to the spirt of the wild, like Ted Nuggent are you? That dude's a nut job. :laughing:
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Giv'em3
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:00 pm

:toofunny: :salude: I AGREE WIHT U HE IS A NUT JOB BUT NO NOT LIKE TED NUGENT I MEAN LIKE DAVY CROKET
Bucky193
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:32 pm

No see were huntin public land cause we don't like to pay
Bucky193
hunter

Pond river

Postby greenheadhunter1 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:43 am

A guy was telling me that Pond river was covered in ducks. I have never hunted it so I don't know how to tell you to get in there but I have heard that from several people.
greenheadhunter1
Newb

Postby Woodywoodduck » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:15 pm

:pissed:

Giv'em3 and Buckey193,

I have posted your Replys in the moderators forum for Review on your comments about Ted Nugent!

Ted Nugent Works his Arse off to DEFEND Your rights to HUNT, OWN Firearms and to not have to set down at your Table Every night and Eat nothing but Veggies like the ANTI's would want you to do!

IF You do not Agree with his way of Working to Defend YOUR Rights and MY Rights, PLEASE Keep it to yourselves or to PM's!

Degradeing Other Organizations and the People that are the Head of them is just playing into the Hands of the ANTI's!

Ted Nugent may to you be "High Strung" in the ways he works, but he is WORKING to Defend you and I and ALL others that Hunt, Fish, Trap, Own Firearms and Eat Animals of ALL Kind!

PLEASE, REFRAIN From making remarks like you have done above about any Organization or the Leaders of those Organizations!

Me thinks you BOTH Need some TRUE NORTH Learning!

:pissed: X 10
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:28 pm

Dude I love ted nugent he talks like he is smart and he is he is crzy but he is awsome I AM A ALL THE WAY ROCK FAN BUDDY ESPECIALY CAT SCRACH FEVER
Bucky193
hunter

Postby Poke Boater » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:10 pm

I thought we were in Kentucky. Did I take the wrong turn on the Trade Water river? :oops:

:yes: Ted Nugent for Illinois U.S. Senator. Go Ted Go :thumbsup:

PB
#1 If a falling duck's head is "held up" shoot again.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:07 pm

Any way duck huntin was ok today on the KY lake we killed 10 ducks not bad mostly divers but abou 3 or 4 green heads goin again friday and were huntin vickers bay were we saw about 60 ducks flyin towards it
Bucky193
hunter

Postby Giv'em3 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:47 pm

Woodywoodduck wrote::pissed:

Giv'em3 and Buckey193,

I have posted your Replys in the moderators forum for Review on your comments about Ted Nugent!

Ted Nugent Works his Arse off to DEFEND Your rights to HUNT, OWN Firearms and to not have to set down at your Table Every night and Eat nothing but Veggies like the ANTI's would want you to do!

IF You do not Agree with his way of Working to Defend YOUR Rights and MY Rights, PLEASE Keep it to yourselves or to PM's!

Degradeing Other Organizations and the People that are the Head of them is just playing into the Hands of the ANTI's!

Ted Nugent may to you be "High Strung" in the ways he works, but he is WORKING to Defend you and I and ALL others that Hunt, Fish, Trap, Own Firearms and Eat Animals of ALL Kind!

PLEASE, REFRAIN From making remarks like you have done above about any Organization or the Leaders of those Organizations!

Me thinks you BOTH Need some TRUE NORTH Learning!

:pissed: X 10
:thumbsdown:

You have got to be joking. Yes, I agree Uncle Ted has and does do alot for our rights but the image, of hunters, that, that guy puts out is just plan wrong. It's crazy. I saw him humping a tree on one of his hunts. Now that's, not, how I want anti's to see hunters.
I am however gratefull for what he has done for the sport and thankful for the money he has spent for my rights. I just believe he could tone it down a little.
I would also like to say I have all the northern education that I need, and that, took all of two minutes.-TO READ YOUR POST) Also, thank you sooo-much for telling the mods of my honest opinion. :pissed: If you want you can print it out and put it on your refigerater. :pissed:It won't bother me.
I'm not going to agrue about this or any other subject that is of an opinion base. And in the future I will post my opinions and thoughts and beliefs as long as it follows the guidlines and rules of this forum. Therefore this conversation is over. Thank you :thumbsdown:

Giv'em3
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting