Taylorsville Hunters?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Taylorsville Hunters?

Postby mmrobinette » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:50 am

Hey all

I just bought some property and am looking to build in Taylorsville. Are there any hunters that frequent these boards that would be willing to tell me some about that area and duck/goose hunting?
Thanks,
Michael

Waterfowl Widowmaker!
mmrobinette
hunter

taylorsville waterfowler

Postby TNT » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:49 pm

Sorry :thumbsdown: to tell you this, but if you are a big duck huner you will not find many here ,specialy the lake. It does have it's days however. There will be good days when hunting is good, but hunt hard when it happens cause it only lasts a few days or a weeks then it's over as quickly as it began. Then thats it for the year.Goose hunting is good in the area if you can find a farm that they use, but shelbyville and henry co. are much beter. Simpsonville even better than them. Best spot to find consistant #'s is the OHIO river
Lead to little, get a cripple. Lead to much, no such luck. Lead just right, duck for dinner tonight.
TNT
hunter

Postby quackstacker » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:29 am

I live in Anderson county and have to travel to my hunting spots. Taylorsville is a awful place to hunt, go to the Ohio and Ky river.
My lab is smarter than your honor student!
quackstacker
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting