looking for other hunters

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

looking for other hunters

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:32 am

I hunt in northern ky, and im fairly new at duck hunting, I have hunted for the past 4 years , i have had little success but it is fun sport, im looking for some one to team up with, or swap facts in the surronding area, i have my own boat and blind and much more. Its hard to learn about this sport with nobody to teach you.
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Postby kyduck » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:26 pm

You should check out your local DU or delta agencies. :welcome:
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:26 am

Where are you from and where do you hunt, I will assume the Ohio river?
kyfowler
hunter

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:03 am

I mostly hunt the ohio river, between dover ky and south towards the dam, staying in the back waters mostly.
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Postby eatboudin » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:52 pm

I'm from South Louisiana and have been duck hunting most of my life. I've just moved to Louisville and am interested in what duck opportunities there are around here. We should talk. email me at eatboudin@yahoo.com
If God didn't want us to eat the animals, why did he make them out of meat?
eatboudin
hunter

Postby msummers » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Hey DuckHunter123,
Northern KY, huh? Well I'm about 45 minutes away in a little town called Brookville, IN, where Brookville Lake is. It's about a 5000 acre lake with decent hunting. I'm definately no pro either, but love to just go. I usually don't have a lot of success either, but I try like hell and have fun :) Not sure if ya have some good spots where you are at, but I could show you the lake around here. Not a lot of duck hunters around Brookville, so I usually go by myself or take my 14 year old nephew
(he's hooked). Also not sure if you are interested in hunting in IN? There's also a few larger creeks (Whitewater River) around here but I haven't tried them yet. They look good, though, especially for early season wood ducks and mallards!
msummers
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:49 am

Im form a lil town known as BEnton down in the south westernpart of KY or in Mrasahllcounty so i hunt the lake, barlow bottoms, and CLarks River, no good for me at the lake of course i was used to the ducks in Kansas CIty but anyways Hunted a public Hunting Land pond and killed the hell out of teal and mallards so ya.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby spdbmp66 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:00 pm

Hey Man, Speed Bump here. I live in the Taylor Mill area and me and a buddy hunt the Petersburg area of the Ohio. which wasn't very productive last year. We're still looking for that "honey hole" as well. We should get together and trade notes sometime.
SpdBmp66
spdbmp66
Newb

Postby dixieduckslayer » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm

i from a small town in westen ky called Mayfield, i also hunt Barlow (Boatwright) bottoms, and the lake, and also some private land that friends own, but i mean FAR westen part, to far for a hunt
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Far West

Postby spdbmp66 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:02 pm

I was Just in Hopkinsville 1 week ago. That wasn't too far west for a soccer game so I imagine its not too far to have fun killin' ducks.
SpdBmp66
spdbmp66
Newb

you need some help

Postby TNT » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:32 pm

hey man i dont know exactly where you are located but i am from northern ky around louisville. we hunt the ohio near madison indiana and on six mile island. but we also hunt alot of farms for geese and some ducks. but if you want to kill something everyday, hunt the river at 18 mile island. i dont hunt there cause there are to many people hunting there. if you want more assistance just post on this sight and we might work something out. :thumbsup:
Lead to little, get a cripple. Lead to much, no such luck. Lead just right, duck for dinner tonight.
TNT
hunter

Postby msummers » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 pm

When I saw northern KY, I pictured the very northern tip of KY, around the Florence area near Cincy. My bad!
msummers
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting