Richland Slough Drained !!!

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Richland Slough Drained !!!

Postby KY 870 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:24 pm

For those of you that don't know Richland Slough was located about 3 miles from Kimberly Clark plant in Daviess Co. between Owensboro & Henderson on Hwy 60.
Maybe you never hunted it but I'd bet you've killed Woodies that were hatched at this slough. This is probably about a 200 acre slough 3ft deep full of buckbrush & it's been there longer than we been living. Almost impossible to hunt but great for woodies to raise their young in. Now there's another wetland gone here in Western Ky all because someone thought they were above the law. Last year I saw the TRACK HOLE dredging out the main creek. Someone spent alot of money to have this done.
If anyone knows someone in the right postition please get them involved.
We need this wetland back! The river to the south is Greenriver. The Ohio lays about 2-3 miles to the north. The horseshoe shape is Richland Slough
[img][img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff47/mkjjohnson/Richlandedit.jpg[/img][/img]
KY 870
Newb

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting