? Henderson, KY wood ducks

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

? Henderson, KY wood ducks

Postby TNT » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:20 pm

Anyone seeing any woodies or teal in henderson,KY sloughs ?

IF you are going how many did you get ?
Lead to little, get a cripple. Lead to much, no such luck. Lead just right, duck for dinner tonight.
TNT
hunter

Postby quackstacker » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:31 am

last year when i WENT AND SCOUTED it was full of ducks. When season opened, there is as many ducks as there was hunter. :thumbsup:
My lab is smarter than your honor student!
quackstacker
hunter

Postby TNT » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:25 pm

thank's, I'm realy worried about water levels being down. Do you think the ducks are still there? I'll be there opening day but I think I'm going to have to hunt the river. what do you think? :huh:
Lead to little, get a cripple. Lead to much, no such luck. Lead just right, duck for dinner tonight.
TNT
hunter

Postby quackstacker » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:18 pm

you should be able to get in even if the water level is down a little. unlesss you have a huge boat and big motor. Just be careful on the river, it can get crazy. I hunt in a 17ft. boat with a new 25hp Merc, and I would think twice about getting on the river. Hope you killem. Where abouts are you located in the State?
quackstacker
hunter

Postby TNT » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Spencer county, just east of Louisville
TNT
hunter

Postby big_country » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:39 pm

Your not going to make it back to jenny hole in a boat that is for sure.
Dam Ducks
big_country
hunter

Postby quackstacker » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:47 am

I took my 17ft boat with a 25hp back into the Jenny Hole last september scouting around. You have to be careful and watch what your doing. How many years have you been waterfowlin?
quackstacker
hunter

Postby big_country » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:13 pm

Yes, you can make it in just about any boat, but as far as i know there is no water in the creek right now. Your right, you have to watch those stumps/logs with an outboard.
Dam Ducks
big_country
hunter

Postby TNT » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:32 am

Well, just got back. The report is ,there is no way to get in the jenny hole, unless you walk the ditch is dry. Hunted grassy pond a few days, only got two birds (4 guys) . Found them on the river tho, it took a while to find them. But when we did the last two days we :hammer: them killed 10 woodies, 1 green wing. It's going to take more than rain to get water in the sloughs , the OHIO is going to have to flood.
TNT
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting