KENTUCKY LAKE ?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

KENTUCKY LAKE ?

Postby TNT » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:33 pm

I want to plan a trip to KENTUCKY LAKE to hunt , but wanted to know how the hunting is and if someone could steer me in the right direction or a location to get started in? I have fished there for years but not hunted. I am familiar whith the Johnathan Creek area. My biggest question is there any divers? We don't get a chance to kill many in the Louisville area I'm from Spencer Co.
Lead to little, get a cripple. Lead to much, no such luck. Lead just right, duck for dinner tonight.
TNT
hunter

Postby getthosegreenheads » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:26 pm

We have hunted down by the KY/TN border around the islands. You need a dog or a boat to hunt there though. I have seen some divers actually killed some that I can't figure out to this day what they are.
getthosegreenheads
Newb

Postby dixieduckslayer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:46 pm

on the northern end, go to the bays names, sugar, duncan, smith, and on down a couple more you can basically kill all the divers you want and most of the time get some decent shots at big ducks...i hunted there last year and slaughter the divers, as well as coots :biggrin: :lol:
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Postby TNT » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:12 pm

thanx guys this will really help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banger: :thumbsup:
Lead to little, get a cripple. Lead to much, no such luck. Lead just right, duck for dinner tonight.
TNT
hunter

Postby getthosegreenheads » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:18 pm

If you really want to kill some ducks head a little bit further west and hunt in the Barlow Bottoms (Boatwright WMA). I've had WAY better luck there.
getthosegreenheads
Newb

Postby dixieduckslayer » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:00 pm

yes this is true...greenhead, where you from? im from mayfield
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Postby TNT » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:12 pm

I got my map today of boatwright, looks great down there. You guys really have a good spot down there. Making plans with my buds now to make a trip down there and to Kentucky lake to kill some divers.
Should I come early, mid, or late season?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe I will run into some of yas when we go.You guys have been a great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:skeet:
TNT
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Some swee spots Ive ofund are VIckers and Trevor on the Aurora Side, Im form Marshall so ya ive hunted KY lake for 4 years now but my dads 45 and hes hunted here since he was 20, Ull see Golden Eyes and MErgansers from the Right side of the bay and stay stricyley in the back part of vickers on the right side, Left side is where I hunt :D and the others spots r horible there and trevor u can hunt where ever, o nthe Barlow Bottoms they may not be good this year do to it being so dry and having a mild winter so the Lakes will be far better this year also with the increasingly amount of ducks ive seen and heard about on the Mississippi FLyway its gona be a good year. and there are even some spotsu can hunt in CLarksriver like Blizzard Pond, Very Good Slew to hunt but ya ttyl and Good Lukc GUys.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting