feeding ducks?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

feeding ducks?

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:29 pm

has anyone around here every spread out feed and fed the ducks until about a week before season or two weeks before. i have heard of people doing but I was wondering what everyone else thought. i know u can hunt over a baited field but i was told if u let the waterfowl eat it up before season its not illegal
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby dixieduckslayer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:23 am

blake no wonder team outlaw kills ducks......u bait the durn things....lol.....i dont know, but if you start baiting barlow let me know where at :biggrin:
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:31 pm

i have never done it and i know it can be illegal but on the other hand I have heard of people doing it. u know i kill ducks son. i only have to post up one pic to show i killed more then ur whole crew last season...........

i rest my case boone lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Dolsmi » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:51 am

Here is the US fish and Wildlife regulation for your question asked.

FEDERAL ILLEGAL HUNTING METHODS
In addition to state regulations, the following federal rules apply to the taking, possession, shipping, transporting and storing of migratory gamebirds.
You may not hunt migratory waterfowl…
...By the aid of baiting or on or over a baited area where a person knows or reasonably should know that the area is or has been baited. A baited area is considered to be baited for 10 days after removal of bait.
Dolsmi
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:29 pm

damn ten days after thats really helpful thanks.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby dixieduckslayer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:14 am

killed more than my whole crew.....HAHAHA, my crew can outkill team outlaw while we are sleeping.....but no joke that is some good looking ducks
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:42 pm

HA ya right. Yaw dont know how ot out do others. Last year opening MOrning we shot between 8 of us we killed 29 ducks, next morning killed 18, and then tht saterday killed 30 more. But this year is going to be proven to be harder to hunt. Due to the fact that sloughs have dried up and not much rain. Also mallerds arnt flying alot, mainly diver right now. Also due to the warmth of this winter i dont see this being an excellent year.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:50 pm

it wont be too bad but i know for a fact we dont have many birds down here right now. i drove down in ballard and couldnt really find any signs of bird activity and most pits and blinds had no water. buck lake only had about 20 ducks on it back in the timber and that was it.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting