geese for ducks

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

geese for ducks

Postby mcodrake » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:50 pm

looking to trade some great goose hunting here in central ky. for some very very good information on the wma's in west ky. mainly boatwright area. PM me.
mcodrake
hunter

Postby dixieduckslayer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:12 am

what do you need to know? me or outlaw (blake) can help you out
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:51 pm

just ask me anything u need to know.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:52 pm

if u hunt flat or buck that is the definition of public duck hunting. some sky bustin and callin competitions take place every morning lol. flat is a great duck spots if u dont have a bunch of idiots around sky busting. u need a nice spread and good concealment to help compete. i personally killed out 4 times on flat last year, including an opening day where i drew #1 lol. Beaver damn is good too and only 1 boat can be on it. you cant always count on backwater but we do have some nice pits and some crappy ones u could draw for daily in barlow. less hunting pressure in the pits.

ky lake is very poor unless it is opening week. or really damn cold. the rivers hold some birds but alot are usually skattered out. alot of divers at times if u are into that. local geese tend to hang all over it. and u can shoot the crap out of coots any day there lol.

kaler bottoms would only be good when the actual clarksriver is flooded out. and then u would need a boat because it gets so damn deep.

clarksriver refuge has some blinds but u would of needed to put in for the draw unless u went to blizzard pond which has been a hot spot for me a couple of times. but u have to walk and it seems like a mile till u get there.

mississipi river boarding the ballard co. would be good because alot of birds trade from missouri and ten mile pond to ballard or from horseshoe lake in illinois to ballard. they trade the tri state area alot.

if i can help u guys out any more then that let me know.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby TennesseeNW » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:05 pm

Looks like a front is going to fall perfect for the Thanksgiving hunt this year.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting