Turkey Hunting

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Turkey Hunting

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:58 pm

anyone doing any good. this is my first year and im just not having any damn luck at all. i hate jumping into new things knowing nothing.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:12 pm

just hang in there man, once you finally get that first bird in the bag you'll be hooked for life. doesnt dustin turkey hunt?
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby 13space82 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:25 pm

this is my first year too, no luck here either. seen a couple but they won't commit to coming on in.
TNAL45 wrote: Well done sir. I vote this best bitch slap in DHC history.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174844

go get the bird wrote:Every time you post, Jesus lets a pitbull live.
13space82
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:55 pm

13 space...you my friend are in Turkey Heaven. I grew up hunting the Salem area and man you got it made. I have killed many a turkey and deer in your neck of the woods. If interested shoot me a pm and I might could put you on a bird or 2 around your parts.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Killed both of mine opening weekend. Now I'm havin fun guidin buddies and maybe a few clients that an outfitter is bringing in. Turkey huntin is right up there with duck hunting for me :thumbsup:
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby trigger22 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 pm

Turkey huntin is a few steps ahead of ducks for me. if i were only allowed to hunt one or the other then turkey it is.
trigger22
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:14 pm

"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Beautiful bird. Give us some details on the hunt :thumbsup:
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:49 pm

corts response: " well i was riding back home from work about 60 mph whne suddenly a tom caught my eye, struttin with some hens out in a field near home. Luckily I had my 7mm mag aka turkey buster in the truck, rolled down the window popped off 5 rounds down goes a tom and a hen. got tired of packing the hen back along with the heavy tom so i left her, plus running off the posted property wore me out, but managed to bag a nice bird" lol jk
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:54 am

teamoutlaw wrote:corts response: " well i was riding back home from work about 60 mph whne suddenly a tom caught my eye, struttin with some hens out in a field near home. Luckily I had my 7mm mag aka turkey buster in the truck, rolled down the window popped off 5 rounds down goes a tom and a hen. got tired of packing the hen back along with the heavy tom so i left her, plus running off the posted property wore me out, but managed to bag a nice bird" lol jk

First "200 yard" turkey I ever heard of..................
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby Kino » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:10 am

teamoutlaw wrote:corts response: " well i was riding back home from work about 60 mph whne suddenly a tom caught my eye, struttin with some hens out in a field near home. Luckily I had my 7mm mag aka turkey buster in the truck, rolled down the window popped off 5 rounds down goes a tom and a hen. got tired of packing the hen back along with the heavy tom so i left her, plus running off the posted property wore me out, but managed to bag a nice bird" lol jk

Are you sure this was'nt in Crittenden county!!! Where I hunt down there there is ALOT of that $h!t that goes on......I can't remember a time ever being there and I have been there many many years and went without hearing a couple shots in the dark!
Kino
hunter

Postby 13space82 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:06 pm

trigger22 wrote:13 space...you my friend are in Turkey Heaven. I grew up hunting the Salem area and man you got it made. I have killed many a turkey and deer in your neck of the woods. If interested shoot me a pm and I might could put you on a bird or 2 around your parts.

yeah, there are tons of turkeys around here. i see them all the time, except when i am sitting in the woods with a shotgun. My dad and I ended shooting 2 jakes out at the same time. it was pretty cool considering it was my first turkey and i pulled off a double with my old man.Image
TNAL45 wrote: Well done sir. I vote this best bitch slap in DHC history.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174844

go get the bird wrote:Every time you post, Jesus lets a pitbull live.
13space82
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:33 pm

Very nice. My first bird was a jake. I doubt I'll ever get a rush like that regardless of the size of future gobblers. :thumbsup: Congrats and hopefully there are many more to come.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting