Expo

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Expo

Postby quackstacker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:01 am

Lawrenceburg Kentucky would be a great place for a waterfowl event. There are facilities there that are huge. It has plenty of space for dog events, atv cources, and gun shooting. I would like to see a big event take place in Kentucky. It would really bring out alot of people and we can push DHC. Delta and Ducks Unlimitied could even be apart of the event. I would like some comments and even some numbers of people to contact about getting something like this to happen. Anyone interset in putting up booths or food stand please contact me as well. This doesnt have to be a waterfowl event, it can be a hunting expo. My name is David. Feel free to contact me.
My lab is smarter than your honor student!
quackstacker
hunter

Postby kyduck » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:37 pm

First, DHC doesn't allow any personal advertising in this forum, so I selectively edited the message...but I like the idea of organizing an event so we can discuss some options.
While this sounds like a great idea, it is very difficult to organize. It takes alot of effort and planning for a primary organization group. The big name companies don't usually come to small gatherings...they want the biggest bang for the buck (ie...Mack's, Bass Pro, etc.) So what type of draw are you going to have? How to advertise the event? Charging entry fees? Guest speakers? Food / concessions?
There is an event in Louisville every year called the Jim Strader Show that is a nice event. The state and regional DU dinners are also very nice. All of these are heavily funded and thoroughly organized. You might be able to touch base with some of your local DU, delta, or other organization officers that might assist you in gathering ideas. :thumbsup:
My point is....great idea that can be done if planned appropriately. It takes alot of time, effort, and money to pull these off successfully--good luck if you continue to pursue any gatherings and keep us informed.
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting