Hello Again

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Hello Again

Postby TNT » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Hows evryone been doing this summer ?

Ya'll ready 4 dove season ? I'm bustin at the seams to dust some feathers again.

How about some fishing stories, I know someone missed a big one?

Seeing any woodies?
Lead to little, get a cripple. Lead to much, no such luck. Lead just right, duck for dinner tonight.
TNT
hunter

Postby hopelessaddict » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:53 pm

what's the dove huntin' like up there....i'm from texas, movin' soon to the great state of KY and wonderin' how i can get some action....is the dove huntin any dcent on the public land?
hopelessaddict
hunter

Postby dixieduckslayer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:51 am

heck ya im ready my sunflowers are doing great even though they could use some more rain...and as to the public land, i hear that is basically a madhouse to hunt there, crazies, and its crowded, i would personally steer away from the public hunts unless its the only way you can hunt
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Postby hopelessaddict » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:56 am

yeah in the sunflowers is just about the best place for a dove hunt.....public land hunts will most likely be all i can do, being that i am soon to move and also don't know anybody in the area....guess I will have to start meeting people fast...public is about as crowded in Texas, if it is good land....
hopelessaddict
hunter

Postby TNT » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Some public shoots only alow so many people but u better be early. I personally have done quite well at some public shoots in my area.
The dove hunting on privite land can be spectacular. 3 years ago in Shelby co. at my x-girlfriends dads farm he planted sunflowers along with wheet in strips. There was 16 of us and we started shooting at 2pm and by 4:30 evrybody had there limit. So there is great hunting just have to know the right people.
Kentucky also has a list of the public shoots and how to get to them.
Lead to little, get a cripple. Lead to much, no such luck. Lead just right, duck for dinner tonight.
TNT
hunter

Postby hopelessaddict » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:58 pm

by public shoots do u mean public land that can be accessed any day....or public events where there are one day hunting events which people sign up for? how can i get to some information that will detail some of the land opportunites for public hunting...thanks for all your help in advance! just new to the area and worried about missing out on a season...
Last edited by hopelessaddict on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hopelessaddict
hunter

Postby TNT » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:31 pm

TNT
hunter

Postby hopelessaddict » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:13 pm

cool thanks!, i will be moving to the lexington area in a couple weeks...
hopelessaddict
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:36 pm

well id ont know much about the doves in lexington just alot of cars lol haha. we western boys kill birds haha.

the public dove field in fancy farm was small last year but there was only 6 people on it 4 people came with me and we shot till we got tired of shooting. (couldnt hit the broadside of a barn) haha
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:37 pm

boone u need to let me in on this dove field
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 pm

teamoutlaw wrote:well id ont know much about the doves in lexington just alot of cars lol haha. we western boys kill birds haha.

the public dove field in fancy farm was small last year but there was only 6 people on it 4 people came with me and we shot till we got tired of shooting. (couldnt hit the broadside of a barn) haha

There are some good shoots in Lexington and right outside of it, especially in Woodford and Winchester. Doves aren't too hard to kill as long as you have a decent field.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mag.DuckDuster » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:28 am

The trick to hunting public dove fields is not to hunt them on the weekends. Go during the week and you'll have a good hunt with out all the people.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."

-George Washington
mag.DuckDuster
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:54 am

Thats the trick to hunting anything public.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby teamoutlaw » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:11 am

kow was covered with people the opening day and then that next day there was like 5 people including me. it was closer to home and i still got to pop shots at a few birds.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting