Central KY goosin'

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Central KY goosin'

Postby hopelessaddict » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:40 pm

how much do leases typically cost around the area? what kind of fields do geese like to graze in around the area or what type of crops are generally grown (wheat, corn etc.?)? and for those of you who don't have land what do you do to find someone who may let you hunt their's? in other words, am i screwed if i don't know anybody?
hopelessaddict
hunter

Postby kyduck » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Well, I am not from around that area, but generally there are a fair number of corn fields around. You can also find some cover crops around your area that geese might be using. There were previous posts of geese around some horse farms up in your area...good luck with that though. Anyway, you might try attending some area DU/delta events to meet some hunters who might give you some direction in areas to check. Then there is driving around and scouting--the tried and true way. Good luck :thumbsup:
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby hopelessaddict » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:49 pm

thanks for the info....
hopelessaddict
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:39 am

i dont think many people lease fields out that way. there is very few. some farmers gladly let u hunt, and the horse farms some will actually let u hunt, but you have to sign waivers due to them wanting to protect those million dollar race horses. I always told my buddy up in that area if he could lease a field with corn and flood it they would probably do good as long as they didnt hunt it every day.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting