Huntin reelfoote

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Huntin reelfoote

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Hey Boys,

Im going down this january to hunt on reelfoote, any idea what to expect this time of the year. Anyone hunt close to this area, What about you OUTLAW. Ive seen that you have hunted up in my area of northern ky.
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Postby mox » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:00 pm

I hunted Reelfoot once last year with an old teammate of mine who is a guide. He's hunted there his whole life and started guiding about 8-9 years ago. We hunted out of a blind that his grandad had helped build several years ago. Only killed about 7 birds between 5-6 of us (right after I hunted they limited on geese several days in a row), but it was well worth the experience. Sure did eat good in the blind :thumbsup: ! Expect a lot of coots, boat traffic and cypress stumps!
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

reelfoot

Postby blockmaker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:32 am

I have hunted reelfoot my entire life, i guide full time and it is an experience you will never forget. Like everywhere though the ducks have to be here, but they almost always are ill average 900 ducks a season out of my blind and there are some way better than mine, some worse than mine also. But it is a beautiful lake and just an amazing place. Who are you hunting with?
blockmaker
hunter

Postby murraystatelab » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:46 am

I hunted reelfoot once last year in late jan. It was not that great we killed 13 on Sat and nothing on Sun. But I did have a lot of fun. It was good to not have to do anything but pull the trigger. byt that late in the season i am tired of messing with decoys, maintaining the blind, charging up mojo's, gasing up the boat, making sure its in proper order...etc. But like i said i did have fun when i was there and yes we too ate good when i was there. Already scheduled for us to go back Dec 13 and 14.
G with an O, O with a D, T with an I, M and an E, awe we're havin' a GOOD-TIME
murraystatelab
hunter

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:32 pm

This year we are hunting at the acorn lodge. I havent stayed there before so i dont know how it will be. I tryed to go to blue bank resort and hunt with billy blakely, but he said we didnt have enough people that the min. was for. The last time i hunted with him we limited out all three days, this was late dec. So i hope we do good this year as well because we are going the first week of january.
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:06 pm

never hunted there and was going to tell u to talk to block maker and he beat me too it lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:25 pm

thanks outlaw, Blockmaker who do u guide for, has anyone heard of accorn point lodge......... what do ya think of them
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:00 am

what part of northern are u from?
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Im about 40 miles east of cincinnati, in Bracken co.
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

REELFOOT

Postby blockmaker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:00 am

DUCK HUNTER, I GUIDE FOR MYSELF, I HAVE A FAIRLY STRONG CLIENT BASE THAT I HAVE BEEN GUIDING SINCE I WAS A KID. I STAY FAIRLY FULL BETWEEN GUIDING AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN SOMEONE WILL CANCEL, IF ANYTHING COMES UP I WILL POST IT HERE.
blockmaker
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting