Ducks and water in Western Kentucky Henderson, Ballard,

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Ducks and water in Western Kentucky Henderson, Ballard,

Postby gsblan2 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:33 am

I am stuck in Lexington and just checkin to see what everyone is seeing right now in the West Ky area

water levels
duck numbers
locations
ohio river
gsblan2
hunter

Postby Ramsey84 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm

We just got some rain, but we need more bad. However, duck numbers are actually very good from what I have seen around the Ballard County area, as well as on the Ohio River.
Ramsey84
hunter

Postby mox » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:34 pm

i've heard good things about bird numbers on kentucky lake.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:58 pm

There are a lot of ducks in the bottoms at Barlow. We have got 3000-4000 mallards coming in to the corn every afternoon. Gonna be a good opening few days it looks like!!!
SEASON TOTALS ARE FOR THE CHILDREN!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Postby BlueGooseTN » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:35 am

Duck numbers are looking good in Fulton County. I have 3,000 using one of my flooded bean fields and another 2,500 using my flooded corn field along with 200 Specks. As for water levels, I've been flooding since the middle of October. The Reelfoot area to the south is also holding good amounts of ducks, but the refuges on the north side of the lake have no or very little water. Looking forward to an outstanding opener.
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:21 pm

ill do some scouting while i shoot up the local goose population on sunday along with going down to the local honey holes and taking some pics and scouting out my areas. i'll let u guys know. i do know i went during the day to ky lake sunday and only seen 5 ducks on the north end. and thats not good because thats where i found them in a bay last year and wore em slick on opening morning.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting