question, what does sabine wildlife refuge look like

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

question, what does sabine wildlife refuge look like

Postby realhunter101 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:58 pm

i was wondering what it looks like now after the hurricane Rita hit. I wanted to go down there but i dont think i can . Any suggestions of were i can hunt this year o and i dont have much money
realhunter101
hunter

Postby BLUE DUCK » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:15 pm

It really depends on where u live. I always recommend that people stay close to where they live when hunting reserves at least within 30 mins driving time. Ive noticed a lot of "refuge jumpers" over the years who come from south LA and jump from one refuge then the next way up here in North LA. There are 30 State refuges in south LA. We only have 20 here in north LA. I despise greedy SOBs from south LA coming up here and crowding LOCAL hunters out. Stay close to home and make the best out of what u have and that goes for everyone!
"Shoot it man. Shoot it in the head."
BLUE DUCK
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:19 pm

Blue you seein any birds on that side of the state.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

TO: BLUE DUCK

Postby pac popper » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:25 am

TO BLUE DUCK: I GUESS YOUR ONE OF THE IDIOTS THAT THINK THEY OWN PUBLIC LAND. WELL ITS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE DUDE. I'LL PERSONALLY GO UP TO NORTH LA. MORE AND HUNT NOW JUST TO P.O. YOU. YOU SOUND LIKE A REAL JERK. SOMEONE FROM SOUTH LA. HAS JUST AS MUCH RIGHT TO HUNT A REFUGE IN NORTH LA. AS DOES ANYONE ELSE.
pac popper
Newb

Postby BLUE DUCK » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:57 pm

Ive seen several groups of gads and mallards. A lot of woodies of course. Ive even seen a couple groups of widgeons.
BLUE DUCK
hunter

Postby BLUE DUCK » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:10 pm

There are 30 state, just state refuges down in south LA. Im not even counting the federal land. U see the reason why the state purchased so much land all over the state is so people, like myself, who cant afford to travel great distances and leave their jobs for months at a time, can hunt. When u have an influx of south louisiana hunters come up here it makes the hunting tougher on us, a.k.a. hunting pressure. And for why? Whats wrong with the refuges close to u?? Why would u travel up here when the state provides land for u close to home? Would u like a big crowd of people from north LA on ur refuge this year? If u say yes to that ur a liar. Yes state refuges are open to the public, but there is also thing called common sense and respect for others.
BLUE DUCK
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting