Its soo close.

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Its soo close.

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:01 pm

5 Days 9 hours and 8 minutes till shootin time. I just hope we get some kind of weather before this weekend. Two weeks ago when it got cold there were birds everywhere. Now just a few. Hope everyone is ready. :getdown:

P.S. PRAY FOR RAIN>>> Most all of our blinds are dry as a bone. I have never drove a truck to the break blind, but did this weekend.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Park Duck » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:10 am

I don't think your gonna get the rain you need for awhile. Better get ya a pump. I can't wait either.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby jasonphoto01 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:02 pm

there calling for some rain sunday and a little bit monday i dont think it will be enough but ill take what we can get right now. We need some more cold weather too!!!
jasonphoto01
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:30 pm

I'm gonna be on toledo this weekend wathcin cans fly around, cussing.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:08 pm

Park have you been to toledo, we were gonna run down there thursday if this little front moves through and see about the birds.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

smackaduck/park duck

Postby mamoumudder » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:49 am

Please post a report on Toledo if you get a chance. I will hunt locally this weekend, but hope to start hunting Toledo Bend soon. Reading reports on other boards, they indicate that there are very few ducks there right now.

Hope they are wrong.

Do y'all think that the practice of drawing down the lake has hurt it as a duck destination?
mamoumudder
hunter

Postby diverduck » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:54 am

I will be leaving N.C. on Friday(our season starts on Sat.) to go to DeRitter LA. for 18 days to help the forest service with forest fires. So be thankful you can hunt. But I guess it is just part of the job.
diverduck
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:02 pm

DD i grew up in Deridder there are plenty of places to hunt within a hour drive from there. And no i haven't been to toledo yet but will be ther thur night scout fri and hunt sat and sun. I'll give a report.
Park Duck
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting