Well......

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Well......

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:10 pm

Wheres everyone, no ducks, no reports. I know its been slow. Saturday we killed 6, all teal. Sunday killed 4 three mallards and a widgeon. Birds have been coming and going. All this south wind we keep getting is sending everthing back the way it came.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:29 am

I've gone back to deer hunting until it ends this weekend. I am seeing more deer per day than I was ducks. It is ridiculous when you barely see 15 - 20 ducks a day. :pissed:
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby ldiful1 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:02 am

I've been hunting a little. 2 of us had 8 last thursday (5 mallards & 3 widgeon) and 3 of us had the full 18 on Friday (10 mallards, 4 widgeons, and 4 gadwal). Made two hunts since then in a different area (just playing around staying near the house) and scratched. The lease definitly has birds though. The key has been motion. I rigged up a bilge pump on a pole like a sprinkler to spay some water to look like ducks feeding and cutting up. That with some motion decoys seems to be making the difference. By the way, the lease is in Tensas Parish.
ldiful1
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:52 am

Idiful1,

If you hear of any decent duck leases opening up this next season, let me know. Myself and several buddies are looking to try and get into one together. We have all been hunting private property with numerous sloughs and brakes, but the last couple of years there has either been too much water or not enough water. Currently we only have one huntable blind because of lack of water and one slough that we can hunt. I am also considering buying some farm land in the Tensas area for duck and deer hunting.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby ldiful1 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:35 pm

La. Hunter,

Sure, i'll keep an ear and an eye out for you. There may be a blind or two open in our lease. A friend of mine may lease it, but i will keep you in mind and let you know what is going on. I know how you feel about the water issue. We have one lease with no water. The lease we have done so well at was flooded last year. We were able to hunt, but it wasn't near as good. Keep me posted if you find anything interesting. We are always interested in new places to hunt also.
ldiful1
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting