Light Modified Choke

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Light Modified Choke

Postby Mr.L » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:36 am

Has anyone every used a Briley light modified choke for shooting over decoys? I have always used a modified choke, but after shooting a few paper targets at 35 and 40 yards with my new light modified choke for my 870 express super magnum, I believe it will work better.
Mr.L
hunter

Re: Light Modified Choke

Postby yamaha783 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:46 pm

I shoot a Briley light mod for all my regular season duck and goose hunting in my Xtrema2. It's the flush-fit version with no extension. Have found it to be a good all-around choke for most all my different hunts like marshes or rice fields.
yamaha783
hunter

Postby Swamplife » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:42 am

I find that the Lt Mod. is the best all around choke for open marsh hunting over decoys. It's open enough for the ones willing to come in feet down and also will drop them at 45yds. I have Briley, Carlson, Trulock and Pure Gold chokes and find them all to work very well in the .015 constriction. I shoot a Beretta Extrema II with a Lt Mod extended choke using 1 1/4 ounces of #4 @ 1400fps and it has worked very well for me. I don't see myself going back to a Mod .020 constriction choke over decoys.
Swamplife
hunter

Postby stebab » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 am

I shoot a Briley LM choke in my extrema 2, but it's the extension type you would normally see in an over/under. I don't think it shoots any differently than the flush mount type: I just have more people tell me how cool it looks and ask me what it is... :lol3:
stebab
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting