South Florida man looking for help

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

South Florida man looking for help

Postby chris305 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Guys I'm taking a week of from work the second week of January and planning on freelancing over there for a 3-4 days. I have never visited your state and was wondering if you guys could point me In the right direction to any good wma. I'm taking a 16 ft John boat with a 40 hp outboard and a 14 ft canoe with 3.5 hp. I'm not look ing for no ones honey holes just some guidance. If any of you guys are ever in south Florida I can repay by taking you guys fishing for peacock bass,snook,bonefish,and tarpon. Thanks ahead ... Chris
chris305
hunter

Re: South Florida man looking for help

Postby lukepaige » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 am

Point au chene wma would be a good place to try. There are rooms to rent at the marina which is just right down the road from the wma. The fishing in the area is also great for trout and redfish. The accomadations aren't too bad and houma is a short drive away to find a place to eat. The ducks consist of mostly grays and teal with a few dosgris and maybe some spooners. I can point you in the right direction if you like just shoot me a pm.
lukepaige
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting