saline larto complex

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

saline larto complex

Postby metalworx » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:21 pm

anyone on here hunt saline larto complex, not looking to take your spot, just some friendly advice / pointers
my son and i have been hunting catahoula lake for the last few years and also have hunted the greentree at saline before. Just looking for pointers on how the law of the land works out there, i know some of the lake has permanent blinds on it so there must be some private areas and the balance is wma. Do people claim spots on the wma or is it definately first come first serve, what areas of the lake to scout and what areas to stay away from, reason etc.

would be willing to return the favor on catahoula. you can PM me if you dont want to post it for the entire world to see, just looking for a little more privacy when hunting so you may actually be able to work a few ducks instead of pass shooting most of the time.

thanks
gt 1854 with a gtr35
metalworx
hunter

Re: saline larto complex

Postby metalworx » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 am

Bump
gt 1854 with a gtr35
metalworx
hunter

Postby PintailPunisher95 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm also a hunter of Catahoula, and the Saline Larto Complex there are some great spots to hunt near Larto and Honey Brake you can go into Shad Lake and Bay Bays lake and hunt, there are no permanent blinds because its WMA but it is great hunting even though you have to wake up extra early to guarantee a spot I've had many of days where I limited out in those two spots.
PintailPunisher95
Newb

Postby AaronR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Did you notice that this post was from Dec 2011?
AaronR
hunter

Postby PintailPunisher95 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 am

Yes just saw it why?
PintailPunisher95
Newb

Postby AaronR » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:13 pm

I doubt that he still needed advice since he posted it last season is all... :welcome:
AaronR
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting