Hearing that Grand Passage is taking place today...

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Postby TensasBayou » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:22 am

....over the Ozark Mountains, sky is full of waterfowl. Was sent a picture of it. Very unusual to see large numbers in that area on the move.
TensasBayou
hunter

Postby Joe-Nathan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 am

That is what I like to hear. Now they only have a few days to get to their wintering spot in Indian Bayou north of Henderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Joe-Nathan
hunter

Re: Hearing that Grand Passage is taking place today...

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 am

Probably going to be very happy in all the new sheet water this front brought Arkansas.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby open door » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:21 pm

This is good news!!! If over the Ozarks, maybe a few will end up in North Louisiana where I am - duck season re-opens Saturday in the East Zone - maybe I'll get to cycle a few shells thru my new Versa Max. Looking forward to it!!!
open door
hunter

Postby Duck Enticer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Negrodamus says these are freeze line ducks that will never make it further than Ar-Kansas. Hopefully they come further south. Missouri is the place to be though. I heard from someone who drove to North Dakota that the geese are still mainly in Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas.....Don't know if the Snows/blues and specks are gonna make it all the way this year. I think not flooding up 80-90K acres this year (habitat management program) hurts. It was a drought year and those birds got up and left when the pressure got heavy.
Negrodamus knows!
Duck Enticer
hunter

Postby TensasBayou » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:06 am

Apparently this move was only geese. We saw a ton of them showing up last weekend, but same ducks around acting nocturnal
TensasBayou
hunter

Postby mallardman2256 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:07 pm

surrounded by ducks today. mainly saw sheepish local birds but there was gadwall all out there but they would never get up and fly. sat on the water in the thick grass the whole morning. alot of locals and pm birds. we need a rapid change
<only two kinds of people don't have beards, boys and women,....and I am neither>
<the way i see it is the Lord only blesses you with so many sunrises and sunsets and i want to catch as many as i can>
mallardman2256
hunter

Postby mallardman2256 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:08 pm

actually went to one of my spots in arkansas the day that you posted this and found thousands. the place was wrapped up. went back 3 days later for the opener and fired one shot.....hmm....
<only two kinds of people don't have beards, boys and women,....and I am neither>
<the way i see it is the Lord only blesses you with so many sunrises and sunsets and i want to catch as many as i can>
mallardman2256
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting