burning duck blinds

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

burning duck blinds

Postby metalworx » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:08 pm

gt 1854 with a gtr35
metalworx
hunter

burning duck blinds

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Heck yea!! I'm glad, that was getting ridiculous up there!
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Re: burning duck blinds

Postby Joe-Nathan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:52 am

Unfortunately this will not stop this practice.

Sounds like this Miller guy had a habit of doing this sort of thing.
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Joe-Nathan
hunter

Postby duckman99 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 am

Sounds like the sheriff department is trying to find a fall out guy to put all negative activities on the river. Also maybe the victoms are trying get rid of these guys to take there hunting spot. Could be anything, until you have the facts nobody knows. Everyone forgets innocent until proven guilty!
duckman99
hunter

burning duck blinds

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

Why would someone turn therself in if they were innocent?
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Toledo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:38 am

This could get interesting.

Maybe this will get the state moving forward to address the permanent blind problem.
Toledo
hunter

burning duck blinds

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:48 am

Oh geez your gonna open a can of worms! Lol

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 am

I am surprised you guys are allowed to build a perm blind on land that's not your own.
I know that things down there are a lot more rural and you can probably get away with it, even over generations. But that would never fly here on Long Island. You couldn't even leave a few decoys out over night and expect them to be there in the morning....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

burning duck blinds

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:28 am

OMG you would be amazed at the red river. There are blinds every 50 yards, and thousands of decoys left out. It's all Corp. Land

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Andrew22 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Definitely a couple of jackasses!
Andrew22
hunter

Postby tb44 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:40 pm

I bet charges are dropped.......are alteast seriously reduced.......

The thing that prob got them in more trouble is it was in a drought/fire ban.....

aslong as no one witnessed them doing it and they say it wasnt me I was just joking about me doing it......I seriously doubt anything happens besides a slap on the wrist and a good scaring.....as long as there is permant blind on a place like the river this will happen ever few years when some jake leg thinks he can move in on someone who has been down there for years....and the person who has been there for years dosent want the jake leg on top of him this will happen!

I like hunting the river minus all the jake legs.....blinds or no blinds the jake legs are the problem aka yahoos with 1 spinner a dozen new decoys, brand new 16 k pd.....there out there every year jumping from pocket to pocket sky blasting everyduck off that thing......then after the hunt running up and down river looking for the new secret honey hole that doesnt exist.....running even more birds off the river!
tb44
hunter

Postby Mudhole » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:22 pm

by Slack Tide » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 am

I am surprised you guys are allowed to build a perm blind on land that's not your own.
I know that things down there are a lot more rural and you can probably get away with it, even over generations. But that would never fly here on Long Island. You couldn't even leave a few decoys out over night and expect them to be there in the morning....

Thats why we dont live up there!!

And that serves them aholes right!! Think they should post thier pics at all the boat launchs, like they do at the Post Office!!
Last edited by Mudhole on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
________Mudhole________
Waterfowl Population Control
Building a boat blind:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=67602
Paintin your boat:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=146292
Mudhole
hunter

Postby Mudhole » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:24 pm

I like hunting the river minus all the jake legs.....blinds or no blinds the jake legs are the problem aka yahoos with 1 spinner a dozen new decoys, brand new 16 k pd.....there out there every year jumping from pocket to pocket sky blasting everyduck off that thing......then after the hunt running up and down river looking for the new secret honey hole that doesnt exist.....running even more birds off the river!

Yea, seems it get worst every year, the yahoos are so thick these days!! I think they sit around, wait to hear shots fired, then head that way!!!
________Mudhole________
Waterfowl Population Control
Building a boat blind:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=67602
Paintin your boat:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=146292
Mudhole
hunter

Postby A5Mag12 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 am

duckman99 wrote:Sounds like the sheriff department is trying to find a fall out guy to put all negative activities on the river. Also maybe the victoms are trying get rid of these guys to take there hunting spot. Could be anything, until you have the facts nobody knows. Everyone forgets innocent until proven guilty!

Couple Bud's of your's?

I hope these Guy's see some jail time and lose all hunting and fishing rights for life.

And for the record in my 45 years of duck hunting I have never built a permanent blind. But I might.
A5Mag12
hunter

Postby POKER1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:03 pm

duckman99 wrote:Sounds like the sheriff department is trying to find a fall out guy to put all negative activities on the river. Also maybe the victoms are trying get rid of these guys to take there hunting spot. Could be anything, until you have the facts nobody knows. Everyone forgets innocent until proven guilty!

Id give the SO a little more credit than that. I hope your buddies get whats coming to them.
POKER1
hunter

Postby william costa » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:00 pm

i think they outa burn all blinds built on public hunting ground outa do the same in arkansas outa ban leaving decoys out all season too!now if they on private property not public that is different but when they build on public and think they own the hole that is b.s!
william costa
hunter

Postby A5Mag12 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:19 am

Then quit posting crap and go write and call your politicians. Organize all like minds. Start a petition.

If you don't like the law then get the law changed.

Or is it not worth your effort?
A5Mag12
hunter

Postby duckman99 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:46 pm

I agree get rid of the blinds on public lands like they do on wma's and this wouldn't be a problem to begin with. It all starts with one person thinking they own that part of the river because they built a blind there. If you are dumb enough to spend thousands of dollars on a blind on public land for first come first serve basis anyways, then expect the worst. It's like leaving your Lexus with the keys in it at 2 a.m. in downtown! you just don't do it. If your going to build it then build it with the mind set of anyone can come hunt it. Because thats the way the law reads. It is abondoned property if left. Same thing for your decoys left by the blind. If your to lazy to pick them up after every hunt then don't throw a fit when people take them or high winds carries them off. If you can't deal with these things get a lease or buy some land, then you have rights!
duckman99
hunter

Postby POKER1 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:47 pm

duckman99 wrote:I agree get rid of the blinds on public lands like they do on wma's and this wouldn't be a problem to begin with. It all starts with one person thinking they own that part of the river because they built a blind there. If you are dumb enough to spend thousands of dollars on a blind on public land for first come first serve basis anyways, then expect the worst. It's like leaving your Lexus with the keys in it at 2 a.m. in downtown! you just don't do it. If your going to build it then build it with the mind set of anyone can come hunt it. Because thats the way the law reads. It is abondoned property if left. Same thing for your decoys left by the blind. If your to lazy to pick them up after every hunt then don't throw a fit when people take them or high winds carries them off. If you can't deal with these things get a lease or buy some land, then you have rights!

You must have made bail. Didn't think they would let you post from the inside. Lol. Hopefully we won't be worried about seeing your sorry azz back out there.
POKER1
hunter

Postby duckman99 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 am

very funny poker, I am just agreeing with william costa. Look at toledo bend, no blinds and no one argues or has blinds all over the lake or decoys out claiming a spot. Prime example as to what public hunting could be.
duckman99
hunter

Postby jctator » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:46 am

I agree also. I've never hunted someone elses blind even though it was onad public but I don't think they should be able to build on public land. Im not gonna say they should be burned but hell, if ur not there and the ducks are, that's kinda crappy to get pissed if someone else does hunt it.
jctator
Newb

burning duck blinds

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:00 pm

If I'm not there hunt mine, I have hunted most every blind on the red at one point or another. And I have been there when the owner comes up at shooting time, once I moved cause he was nice, but once I didn't cause the guy was a jerk. I dont know I it would
Be better without them cause on Toledo yes there are no blinds but people will still set up right on top of you.

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby POKER1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:49 pm

duckman99 wrote:very funny poker, I am just agreeing with william costa. Look at toledo bend, no blinds and no one argues or has blinds all over the lake or decoys out claiming a spot. Prime example as to what public hunting could be.

Why do you have blinds on the river then?
Last edited by POKER1 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POKER1
hunter

Postby POKER1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:37 pm

So what is the real answer besides being a scumbag and damaging someone elses property? I would be ok with removing my blind if everyone statewide had to also on public water. But then you have the bigger issue IMO of someone coming in at shooting time and setting up 50-100 yards away after you took the time to get there and set up early. Blinds are legal as well as setting up on top of someone by vertue of there not being any rules or laws stating that it is not legal in most places. There are also not any rules or laws that say you can hunt someones blind because you got there first. I dont care what your drunk buddys uncle told you. Your just asking for trouble. A permitting system? Then you get into the problem of those lucky enough to get drawn or being grandfathered in having life time ownership of the spot unless they give it up like on Cross lake. Cross is a public lake but I dont hear any bitching because they have permitted blinds there. But those folks have the permits for life so how many people in this area will ever get to hunt on that public lake unless invited. Is that a fair system? Only for those lucky few with a permit. Permitting only works IMO if its a yearly draw type system where the blind spots would go to someone else every year to be fair. Is 200 yards really far enough apart so that your not fighting over working the same group of birds. I dont think so but who will make that decission? Just because you feel it neccessary to show off your Stutgart stage skillz doesnt mean I should be subjected to your noise pollution all morning. Does the kids that have nothing better to do than sleep in daddy's boat on the spot make him the early bird and owner of the spot for the day? Do you really expect the old hands to give up their honey holes and comfortable blinds just because you have a different idea on how things should be done? For every hunter that thinks blinds are wrong there is another hunter that thinks they are right.
POKER1
hunter

Postby sluttyshoveller » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 pm

I think that all permanent blinds should be banned, because it is public land. If not banned, then the builder of the blind should accept the fact that it is public and treat the occupant of the blind accordingly. Nobody should be able to claima spot simply by building their own blind there. :smile:
sluttyshoveller
hunter

Next

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting