burning duck blinds

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Re: burning duck blinds

Postby tb44 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:54 pm

whats with the smile face!
tb44
hunter

Postby sluttyshoveller » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:37 pm

sluttyshoveller
hunter

burning duck blinds

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Now now... Play nice children! Lol
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

burning duck blinds

Postby talbtimber » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 pm

So, by the logic I'm seeing here, if your truck is sitting in a public boat launch parking lot I have the right to use it because it was on public land?
talbtimber
hunter

Postby Indawoods » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:06 pm

talbtimber wrote:So, by the logic I'm seeing here, if your truck is sitting in a public boat launch parking lot I have the right to use it because it was on public land?

this is about the worst analogy I've ever seen.

Can your truck be moved? Can the blind?
Is the truck titled property in the state of LA? Is the blind?

Try again, Einstein. Put some thought into it this time around.

Anyone who builds a permanent blind on a Public waterway and expects it to not get hunted by others is a fool and a waste of oxygen.
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 am

I think all blinds should be removed besides the ones I hunt. Leave those. And I think when I'm hunting nobody else should be able to hunt within 1000 yds of me. Or use decoys.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

burning duck blinds

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:13 am

You can tear my blinds down if
I can have that 1000 yd rule!! That'd be great!! Lol
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Tbaggie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 pm

hahahaha this whole chat is a freaking joke.....permanent blinds should not be allowed on public land (just like deer stands) and i know of several hunters that burned their own crappy blinds in order try again at building their "perfect" freaking hotel blind.
Hit em with a Tbag
Tbaggie
hunter

burning duck blinds

Postby Russ-n-Brazoria » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 pm

What the hell ever happened to common curtsey amongst hunters???
Russ-n-Brazoria
hunter

Postby teaves2257 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 pm

:hammer: The guys complaining about permanent blinds on the river are the ones that dont have one..... jealious maybe?
:hammer: same with surface drives, guys that dont like us running around rivers and lakes looking for birds are just mad because they dont have a surface drive to run around after hunting to scout for birds.

I would like our lakes and the river to be like toledo but it isnt so you have to go with the crowd, if having permanent blinds is legal then by God im going to build them. Also i could care less if anyone hunts my blinds when im not there because if im not there then there prolly isnt any birds either lol
teaves2257
hunter

Postby tb44 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 am

hahahaha Really!

You pro drive guys are one of the biggest problems on the river running up and down the damn thing jumping every bird up and running them off. If thats what you call scouting youve got bigger issues.
tb44
hunter

Postby teaves2257 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 pm

tb44 wrote:hahahaha Really!

You pro drive guys are one of the biggest problems on the river running up and down the damn thing jumping every bird up and running them off. If thats what you call scouting youve got bigger issues.

:hi: never called that scouting my friend.
we scout from a distance, binoculars. Surface drives just help you get to the "X".

Boats dont run birds off, if the birds want to be there they will fly off and come right back. Also birds jump up no different with a surface drive vs outboard.

The river doesnt hold birds, its just a path the birds take while migrating, they stop for a day or 2 then keep heading south or start looking for a safe place to winter.

:beer: hey not trying to get in a pissing match with you, just stating facts. Most people that would spend 16k on are surface drive are very avid hunters, atleast me and the few i know.
teaves2257
hunter

Postby POKER1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Damn. If we could just run the idiots off along with the ducks it truly would be paradise. :yes:
POKER1
hunter

Postby tb44 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:54 pm

same with surface drives, guys that dont like us running around rivers and lakes looking for birds are just mad because they dont have a surface drive to run around after hunting to scout for birds.

hahahaha wow...you must be an Obama supporter say one thing then say I never said that or what meant was......

Avid and experienced duck hunters are two totally different things.

And if your telling me a pro drive and an outboardmake the same amount of noise running around a lake.... you sir are a fool. I dont need a 16 K boat to kill birds. I hunt 80% of the season out of a pirogue with a paddle.

Further more the river would hold more birds (because it does hold some throughout the season; I know of several places that do) if there werent the amount of yahoos out there that it draws.

*Also I know not all people that own Pro Drives arent like this....most of the guys that do these things are between the ages of 18-32 plain and simple....just the way it is....
tb44
hunter

Postby teaves2257 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:23 pm

tb44 wrote:
same with surface drives, guys that dont like us running around rivers and lakes looking for birds are just mad because they dont have a surface drive to run around after hunting to scout for birds.

hahahaha wow...you must be an Obama supporter say one thing then say I never said that or what meant was......

Avid and experienced duck hunters are two totally different things.

And if your telling me a pro drive and an outboardmake the same amount of noise running around a lake.... you sir are a fool. I dont need a 16 K boat to kill birds. I hunt 80% of the season out of a pirogue with a paddle.

Further more the river would hold more birds (because it does hold some throughout the season; I know of several places that do) if there werent the amount of yahoos out there that it draws.

*Also I know not all people that own Pro Drives arent like this....most of the guys that do these things are between the ages of 18-32 plain and simple....just the way it is....

You apparently didn't understand hahaha, I said running lakes and river "scouting". No where did I say we ride around jumping birds and running them off.

True that avid and experience are 2 different things, didn't say they weren't. I was clearly stating that most people that are willing to spend 16k on a duck boat are going to be the more ethical, experience, avid, "what ever you want to call it" hunters. Why would a weekend warrior sky blasting idiot be that invested in duck hunting? There not. It's the dedicated hunters that put everything into it.

Your right, you don't have to have a surface drive to kill ducks. It only makes It easier. I enjoy hunting out of my pirogue just as much or my John boat. I'm not downing anyone or saying look at me I have cool toys.

I never said a pro drive and a outboard makes the same amount of noise. I meant that when you run by ducks in a outboard the jump up no different than with a surface drive. Sure they are loud as crap but ducks hear that noise all the way from Canada they are not going to leave the river Because of it.

I think I made my self clear enough for a 5 year old to understand lol If there is anymore confusion your more than welcomed to Pm me.
teaves2257
hunter

Postby tb44 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:07 am

Bawhahahahahahahhaha wait one more bawhaahahhaha keep Thinking running those loud ass boat all over the place don't run birds off! I'll keep killing them on places near there that they run to when y'all do.
tb44
hunter

Previous

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting