TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Postby BAYOU_BOY » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:44 am

Creeks or full of woodies....Saw a few dozen mallards about a week ago on a beaver pond while i was squreill hunting.....Thats about it......Great hunting on IATT.....try hunting a section of the lake they call the rice patch.......Hunt during the week cause to many people hunting on weekends........sometimes mallards black out the skys there
Tracy Chelette
BAYOU_BOY
hunter

Postby Duck Enticer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:55 am

Hello forum,

My name is Chris Cole. I am 29 years old. I was born in Shreveport, but moved here and there a lot. I spent a lot of time in Sulphur,LA and really learned how to duck hunt there. I hunted on Leases in Thornwell and Vinton with my father for a long time, then transitioned over to public hunting in SW. LA.
I got a degree in Civil Engineering from UL in 05', and now work for the Government.
I currently live in Crowley with my beautiful wife and son (2.5 years old). My wife is patient enough to let me feed my duck hunting sickness during the season :smile:, therefore I will be hunting my heart out this year, public mostly. If any one wants to tag along contact me.
Negrodamus knows!
Duck Enticer
hunter

Postby Nathan Hoyt » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:08 pm

I am Nathan Hoyt, if you couldn't tell from my creative user ID. I am a 31 year old veterinarian for the US Army stationed at FT Polk. Baton Rouge is my hometown and I have hunted all over South LA. I got started on a lease my dad was in near Intercoastal City. It was heaven on earth, but we lost it in early `96. We have been hunting WMAs since, primarily Pointe Aux Chenes, Pass a Loutre, Atchafalaya Delta and Bodcau(not South LA).

Public hunting definitely teaches you tolerance on others, as I often have to resisting burning the blinds of @#%#$%@#$s who down-wind me or run through my dekes with mud boats or throw beer cans into the marsh. I could rant more, but it is pretty evident I am a stickler for proper hunting etiquette (hence the denial of my piro tendencies).

I'd love to hunt out of Venice, but it is too long a drive from FT Polk nor do I really have the right boat. I fished Sabine NWR three weeks ago and am pretty stoked about hunting there this season. Anyone in my area needing a hunting partner, drop me an email. I've got room in my boat and my dog needs work.
Nathan Hoyt
hunter

Previous

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting