dewey wills wma greentree

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

dewey wills wma greentree

Postby metalworx » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:26 pm

just fyi, on the dewey wills wma greentree, in the past it always has been ok, maybe not in writing to meet up in the parking lot of the greentree on the wma, as a gentlemens agreement first come first serve as choice of spots. the LDWF would only write tickets if you got in the woods/water before 4 am but You could hang around in the parking lot until 4am then make your entry

Last weekend the LDWF issued 17 tickets and this morning 10 tickets for entering a WMA before 4am to anyone sitting the the parking lot since it is on the wma itself. Just want to give you a heads up on the new enforcement. Everyone there thought they were in compliance with the law but apparently you are not supposed to even be in the parking lot of the greentree before 4 am.
gt 1854 with a gtr35
metalworx
hunter

Re: dewey wills wma greentree

Postby Mr. War Eagle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:04 pm

I hate that place, the hunting is ok at best and there is alot of A-holes that go there. If thats my only option i might go there. Last time i went i had a lil not on my truck that said that the road will be tacked in the morning and also said that i should sleep in the hole tonight cause i would not wanted to use the roads in the morning. I dont bother, ducks are fun but not that fun. :fingerhead:
Mr. War Eagle
hunter

Postby metalworx » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:56 pm

just an update, about 80 tickets wrote so far for being in the parking lot before 4 am
used to / you could be in parking lot, just not in woods / water
gt 1854 with a gtr35
metalworx
hunter

Postby Indawoods » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:04 am

sounds like a new warden is trying to impress someone at headquarters. A phone call needs to be made to Baton Rouge.
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby wigeonman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 pm

I was looking at a camp in Dewey wills. Is there that much trouble to hunt ducks? I hunt public land now and deal with this s#** all the time. Darn shame people need to be so possesive of a bird.!!!
Don't think I'll buy into a place that going to give me the problems I already deal with.... good luck guys
Blastin ducks with a SX3
duckin n a goosin
Shucka shucka pow pow
wigeonman
hunter

Postby metalworx » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:15 pm

actually the camp would be on private land so your ok, decent place to hunt so if it is a good deal on the camp i would say go for it, good hunting and fishing
gt 1854 with a gtr35
metalworx
hunter

Postby wigeonman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks... Is the waterfowl huntin pretty good there? over crouded? I've looked at maps, plenty of area to bow hunt..
Blastin ducks with a SX3
duckin n a goosin
Shucka shucka pow pow
wigeonman
hunter

Postby Toledo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Overall i would say its mediocre at best. Had lots of decent hunts and lots of disappointing hunts out there. 1-3 birds per hunter per hunt is about average over the long term. You can usually always kill something but limits are few and far between. Probly never worth the drama though.
Toledo
hunter

Postby spartanhonda300 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 am

that has always been a law its just normally not enforced. on all wmas you cannot cross onto the property until 4am you must sit at the gate
GWT-32
GWALL-23
MAL-12
SPOON-8
W D-6
MERG-4
R N-3
PIN-2
BWT-1
spartanhonda300
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting