Any new birds?

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Any new birds?

Postby Jarren » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:14 pm

I was wondering if anybody had any reports on the Welsh area. Our lease has been struggling so I resorted to hunting some public land for the last couple weeks and was in AR for the split opener. Planning on making a trip maybe for a day this week but it's a long drive from home to just check out. I have limited days I can hunt so I try to make the most of those days just wondering if they had a push lately or if it has stayed the same.
Jarren
hunter

Any new birds?

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm in north la and we've got birds like I haven't seen in years.... But not everywhere.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Re: Any new birds?

Postby mallardman2256 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:00 pm

they arent in NE LA. just locals around here. need a good front and bad weather to send some more down. we are in a lull right now. just need that one spark to jump start things again. i got a sneaky feeling that after christmas and the last couple of the weeks of the season will be good. idk it needs to hurry bc im tired of killin small batches of birds.
<only two kinds of people don't have beards, boys and women,....and I am neither>
<the way i see it is the Lord only blesses you with so many sunrises and sunsets and i want to catch as many as i can>
mallardman2256
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting