Just booked a hunt

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Just booked a hunt

Postby GThomp » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Just booked a hunt with LA Marsh Guide Service for Jan 2nd and 3rd. We are going to duck hunt and then go to the sugar bowl. Its going to be awesome. Should have asked here before booking the hunt, but does anyone know anything about this guide service?
GThomp
hunter

Re: Just booked a hunt

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:37 am

Don't know a thing about them, but do know that folks bring their hunts' success with them. If you go looking to pass a good time, you probably will. Enjoy!
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby takemking » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:18 am

That guy puts ducks on the strap. One of the best in Delacroix area from what I understand. Check out the duck hunting reports on louisianasportsman.com he's got plenty of pictures as proof.
A duck hunter must follow hunters of the oldest kind in North America. He must live his life a nomad, following the flock wherever it might lead. Through flooded timber, fields or marsh, he does what he must to find success.
takemking
hunter

Postby GThomp » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:47 pm

I'm always positive... I am more concerned with the experience over killing tons of birds. Don't get me wrong, i like shooting birds, but its not what its all about.
GThomp
hunter

Postby dog walker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:36 pm

I know the owner Mike,we work and hunt together. He is a good guy and will do what he can to get you on the birds. We have been having a good season this year and if the birds work you will more than likely do well with grays and teal. He hunts some areas close to my land. Good luck
dog walker
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:35 pm

takemking wrote:That guy puts ducks on the strap. One of the best in Delacroix area from what I understand. Check out the duck hunting reports on louisianasportsman.com he's got plenty of pictures as proof.

X2...think there is a big write up in the Louisiana Sportsmans magazine about him and his club in the dec 2011 issue.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby GThomp » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Can you buy shells at the marina the guy meets people at?
GThomp
hunter

Postby dog walker » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:12 pm

No the marina is real small and nothing special. Just a place to drop the boat in.

PM sent
dog walker
hunter

Postby GThomp » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:38 am

If anyone is looking, this guide service was good. We had one good day and one bad day as far as birds go, but the guides were both very good callers and really tried to put us on the birds. I felt they were both very competent.
GThomp
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting