Sherburne woody hole bust - need some help

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Postby Rouxdroppings » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Im new to duck hunting and am enjoying the hell out of it, but my sherburne woody hole has seemed to have burnt out. Great at the beginning of the season but seems Like the ducks have gone elsewhere. Does anyone know a walk up or small boat area where we'd be able to see something?. Not looking for your honey hole but a point in the right direction would make a great turn around for a less than stellar first season. Thanks in advance for any help.
Rouxdroppings
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:16 am

It takes time. Best thing you can do is explore lakes close to you now. The birds should be there and if
Nothing else you will have a place to go next year. Too much time and money is spent on scouting
For people to even give a water body name.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Re: Sherburne woody hole bust - need some help

Postby jctator » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Darbonne national wildlife refuge. Pretty much anywhere out there in the woods is a woody hole. Not much scouting to have to do to find em there. Lucky for them I can only get three.
jctator
Newb

Re: Sherburne woody hole bust - need some help

Postby Indawoods » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 am

Smackaduck wrote:It takes time. Best thing you can do is explore lakes close to you now. The birds should be there and if
Nothing else you will have a place to go next year. Too much time and money is spent on scouting
For people to even give a water body name.

x2. Fortunately for you, LA has a bunch of great public land waterfowling. I don't even mess with Sherburne.
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting