Looking for some trip advise.

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Looking for some trip advise.

Postby ipalmer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Hey all,
I'm from Alabama and was looking to take a trip to try and get in some good hunting, as it feels like where I am is a strict no fly zone. I was hoping to get some advise on duck huntin in Louisiana. I'm not looking for anything like specific locations or anyone's honey hole but I do have some questions.

First, Can you get out of your boat when hunting? I know this sounds stupid but in Alabama it's considered trespassing.

Second, should I be looking more to north or south Louisianaand how is the hunting on the wma's?

Third, if I go hunt a wma is it going to be a battle to get a place to hunt? I am planning on hunting from a boat.

Fourth, if there is anything more specific you would like to add please feel free.

Thanks for all your help and good hunting.
ipalmer
Newb

Re: Looking for some trip advise.

Postby Lamarshhunter » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:50 am

I hunt in south east la plenty of public land and plenty of birds some areas are better than others check state for wma and there are also some national wildlife refuges we hunt the marsh and mostly shoot gadwall or greys and Greenwich teal and a few of about any puddle duck or diver u can think of what type of area are u lookin to hunt and what type of ducks are you looking to shoot
Lamarshhunter
Newb

Postby ipalmer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Well we where looking to hunt some marsh areas, salt or fresh it doesn't matter. And honestly we don't really have any preference on birds. We are just trying to get a decent hunt in before we have to go back to school, any action is better than Alabama right now.
ipalmer
Newb

Postby dog walker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Do you have a blind on the boat?
Almost all of SELa is privately owned marsh.
There are lots of WMA's that have birds and some have more pressure than others.
dog walker
hunter

Postby ipalmer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:23 pm

I do have a blind on the boat. If its not to much to ask could you give me the names of some of the less pressured wma's? And thank you again for all the help.
ipalmer
Newb

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting