Video of us jumping Mallards

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:56 pm

We shot some video on the way out the other day. Yes, there are plenty of mallards here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkzW9Aaq-B4&context=C3a698afADOEgsToPDskJ_lbBUav6L7XrWHYcvEU3E
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Re: Video of us jumping Mallards

Postby mallardman2256 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Where????!!
<only two kinds of people don't have beards, boys and women,....and I am neither>
<the way i see it is the Lord only blesses you with so many sunrises and sunsets and i want to catch as many as i can>
mallardman2256
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 pm

And turns out this video is illegal. Mr. GW told us so. and thank you mallardman for that. Couldn't have proven your knowledge in a pm huh?
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby tb44 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 am

Why is the video illegal ?
tb44
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:32 pm

tb44 wrote:Why is the video illegal ?

Because you're not suppose to run your boat through the "sanctuary". Thats meant for the ducks not to be disturbed. He just gave me a warning though. No ticket.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby mallardman2256 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 pm

haha i see you removed it lol. its a sactuary bro, you cant hunt it anyways. besides if you think behind the blue paint is a secret then you are badly mistaken. every decent or sub par duck hunter in this area knows where that is. if you wanna keep your spots on the DL you gotta do your work. you gotta go to the places that are a pain in the ass to get there bc hardly anyone else will wanna go through the same -ish you just did. you gotta be hush hush as well as in no videos or tell anyone anything, public land hunting is about consuming knowledge, not dishing out stuff. A wise man once told me that "loose lips sinks ships" when it comes to PL
<only two kinds of people don't have beards, boys and women,....and I am neither>
<the way i see it is the Lord only blesses you with so many sunrises and sunsets and i want to catch as many as i can>
mallardman2256
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:29 am

mallardman2256 wrote:haha i see you removed it lol. its a sactuary bro, you cant hunt it anyways. besides if you think behind the blue paint is a secret then you are badly mistaken. every decent or sub par duck hunter in this area knows where that is. if you wanna keep your spots on the DL you gotta do your work. you gotta go to the places that are a pain in the ass to get there bc hardly anyone else will wanna go through the same -ish you just did. you gotta be hush hush as well as in no videos or tell anyone anything, public land hunting is about consuming knowledge, not dishing out stuff. A wise man once told me that "loose lips sinks ships" when it comes to PL

I didnt remove it. Think its still up. And you just conrtadicted your previous post lol.

I only hunt there every once and a while and the place aint that great anyway. Every duck knows where that blue paint is. If I cant look at them I dont care to go. We discussed with GW why they would stick a launch in the middle of the refuge we cant ride through? He agreed and let us go lol.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:51 am

I removed your post. Yea the locals may know a spot, bit no sense in drawing a map for the rest of the warriors.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Smackaduck wrote:I removed your post. Yea the locals may know a spot, bit no sense in drawing a map for the rest of the warriors.

None of it can be hunted anyway. I was joking bout it being illegal. I hope everyone goes and hunts there so they can be disappointed like the rest of us lol.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby tb44 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:50 am

I watched yalls other video....who's blowing that call? That dude needs some practice!...... Also Ive never hunted that close to decoys(seems that would flare the birds hunting on top of your decoys) ....Yall must have been in layout blinds?
tb44
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:16 am

The mallards that we have around here right now are smarter than I've ever seen. They will not
Even land with live birds. I watched 70 total mallards come in as twos and threes, land 100 yards out and swim in. It's a long wait waiting on em
To swim into range... Lol
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 am

tb44 wrote:I watched yalls other video....who's blowing that call? That dude needs some practice!...... Also Ive never hunted that close to decoys(seems that would flare the birds hunting on top of your decoys) ....Yall must have been in layout blinds?

That's matt lol. I'll tell him he sucks. (he already knows though). Thats the "raped hen".
Putting decoys close works better. Lot of times ducks wanna land just outside of them. We done it both ways. I wanna be sitting in the decoys if I can. But on that video u talking bout the mud was so bad we couldn't wade any farther out
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:08 pm

And that's "kicking up" mallards, not jumping mallards..........
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby TensasBayou » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 am

I dont get the inference to location of the sanctuary. there are lots of sanctuaries in Louisiana

What is the location of that video?
TensasBayou
hunter

Postby mallardman2256 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:26 pm

ive already exploited the man enough by picking out everything on the vid i wont do it anymore
mallardman2256
hunter

Postby spartanhonda300 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:13 pm

TensasBayou wrote:I dont get the inference to location of the sanctuary. there are lots of sanctuaries in Louisiana

What is the location of that video?

i would say upper ouachita but i cant be certain just a guess by the water and stuff
GWT-32
GWALL-23
MAL-12
SPOON-8
W D-6
MERG-4
R N-3
PIN-2
BWT-1
spartanhonda300
hunter