Catahoula Lake hunting disapointing

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Catahoula Lake hunting disapointing

Postby Mr.L » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:28 pm

This was a terrible year for hunting. It went from little water to high water and few ducks. I don't remember a single flight day where new ducks would be coming to the lake from the north. When the water would start to get right during the first split, the Corp of Engineers would drain the lake down. The Saturday before the second split was to open, I saw more ducks on the north end than I had seen in years. Naturally, a few days before the second split was to open, they drained the lake down and managed to run off the majority of ducks. Then water came up and flooded the lake. Water fell back by the last few days of the season but I had already got aggravated and quit hunting. I hope next year the Corp of Engineers gets their calibrations on the diversion canal right and put water level at level it should be like the previous 15 years since I have been hunting there.
Mr.L
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting