Anyone duck hunt down in cocodrie

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Postby hera41 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Wondering if anyone hits down in Cocodrie for real and big ducks? Do alot of fishing down there and I know they have some leases but there is alot of places that are not lease just wanted to see if anyone hunts down there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hera41
hunter

Re: Anyone duck hunt down in cocodrie

Postby J.Roberts (TeamDuckMeat) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Ive never hunted there but Ive heard they do well. I hunt in Venice and Hopedale mostly
Team Duck Meat is a group of family and friends enjoying the outdoors and sharing it with others. Please check out our facebook page for great pictures and videos of our hunting trips. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Duck ... 0373692467
J.Roberts (TeamDuckMeat)
hunter

Postby hera41 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Yea thanks.. Can't find much info on Cocodrie.. Hunted Venice and loved it but have a camp now in Cocodrie so just wanted to see if the duck hunting was fair..

hera41
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:59 am

There's only one way to find out. Since you have a camp there you might as well scout and hunt the area. I am sure that there are plenty of teal, grey ducks, and widgeon down there as they are very common all over the state.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby J.Roberts (TeamDuckMeat) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:30 pm

If I find something out I will def post on this thread. I know a few people that might have some info on that area. Im not sure if any land out there is even open for public hunting.
Team Duck Meat is a group of family and friends enjoying the outdoors and sharing it with others. Please check out our facebook page for great pictures and videos of our hunting trips. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Duck ... 0373692467
J.Roberts (TeamDuckMeat)
hunter

Postby DILLIGAF5150 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Just a piece of advice for you guys that dont know there is no such thing as public hunting land outside of a WMA. Especially in Terrebonne parish all the land is leased from oil companies. I have 5,000 acres leased out of cocdrie and i am very serious about trespassing. If u want a lease contact la land & exploration
DILLIGAF5150
Newb

Postby hera41 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:41 pm

DILLIGAF5150 wrote:Just a piece of advice for you guys that dont know there is no such thing as public hunting land outside of a WMA. Especially in Terrebonne parish all the land is leased from oil companies. I have 5,000 acres leased out of cocdrie and i am very serious about trespassing. If u want a lease contact la land & exploration

Lol... That is why they make forums and people ask questions.. But thanks for your serious response.. Noted!!!

hera41
hunter

Postby DILLIGAF5150 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Yes sir thats y they make forums but ppl from out of state think we operate like their home state and can hunt wherever they want. Like the idiot said "oh you have a camp there you might as well hunt it" . If you have a CAMP lease in the marsh area its a 100x100 pc of property aint much to.hunt is it
DILLIGAF5150
Newb

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting