Duck Report

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Re: Duck Report

Postby Tbaggie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm

white house looked very good when i was in there this morning. glad i have a boat blind on my mud boat......
Hit em with a Tbag
Tbaggie
hunter

Postby tb44 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:12 pm

it will not make it through the first 2 weeks......hahahahahha why is it do you think there arent blinds in certain areas?????

There are probably 8-10 blinds in there and are hunted almost daily at the very least 3 days a week. And those 8-10 blinds are spaced about what blinds should be. Any extras are to close. Honestly I could care less what yall do in there I dont hunt there for a reason. To many "new hunters" that come in every year that think they found the magic spot and try there hand at the sport. Good luck to ya. Got to love the yahoos/newbies on the river......

hahaha this is going to be epic
tb44
hunter

Postby drakethedog1970 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:32 pm

tb44 wrote:it will not make it through the first 2 weeks......hahahahahha why is it do you think there arent blinds in certain areas?????

There are probably 8-10 blinds in there and are hunted almost daily at the very least 3 days a week. And those 8-10 blinds are spaced about what blinds should be. Any extras are to close. Honestly I could care less what yall do in there I dont hunt there for a reason. To many "new hunters" that come in every year that think they found the magic spot and try there hand at the sport. Good luck to ya. Got to love the yahoos/newbies on the river......

hahaha this is going to be epic

I'm sorry? I didn't see any other blinds except for a few. I drew out a map for any else interested in hunting with me. My wife loves to cook while we all hunt and have a good time. Can't wait!
Attachments
blind.jpg
blind map
drakethedog1970
hunter

Postby Toledo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Once again, this is why the state needs to address the squatter problem.
Toledo
hunter

Postby drakethedog1970 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 pm

Toledo wrote:Once again, this is why the state needs to address the squatter problem.

What is a "squatter problem"? Sorry, I don't speak idiot.
drakethedog1970
hunter

Postby Toledo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 pm

drakethedog1970 wrote:
Toledo wrote:Once again, this is why the state needs to address the squatter problem.

Let me rephrase in local retard for you- Once again, this is why the state needs to address the "my great granddaddy been hunting here for 50-11 years and this here is my spot cause i built a blind and you need to go-on get on out of here" problem.

OR the technical definition-

squatter [ˈskwɒtə]
n
1. (Law) a person who occupies property or land to which he has no legal title
Toledo
hunter

Postby Tbaggie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:02 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: dude thats a great map, thank you. i purchased some aerial maps from the geological people, but yours are better. i heard about the place last year on the forum so i thought i'd take a look. i got out there just before legal shooting time (for when season opens you idiots) and there were a lot of grey ducks and what i imagine are resident canadas that live in the back of the neighborhood across from lsus. im very excited about this season now, maybe i'll see you aND YOUR WIFE AND KIDS OUT THERE. i dont work very much during the winter (im a painter) so have lots of time to hunt. good luck drakethe dog
Hit em with a Tbag
Tbaggie
hunter

Postby drakethedog1970 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Toledo wrote:
drakethedog1970 wrote:

Let me rephrase in local retard for you- Once again, this is why the state needs to address the "my great granddaddy been hunting here for 50-11 years and this here is my spot cause i built a blind and you need to go-on get on out of here" problem.

squatter [ˈskwɒtə]
n

Dang man you're smarter than me. My apologies. How did you type those funky letters out?(skwota) But that isn't me anyway, I'm inviting anyone to hunt with me. More the merrier!
drakethedog1970
hunter

Postby Tbaggie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm

Toledo wrote:
drakethedog1970 wrote:

squatter [ˈskwɒtə]
n

hahahaha, thanks for the definition toledo, some folks over here a lil slow
Hit em with a Tbag
Tbaggie
hunter

Postby matt99 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:55 pm

drakethedog1970 wrote:
tb44 wrote:bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is going to get interesting ! go put that blind in there going to be a waste of time and money ahahahhahahahahah....wish I was going to be there to watch all this go down

What, will something happen to my blind in there? I'm just trying to hunt and kill some quackers. I researched that the A.C.O.E owns the rights in the river anyway.quote]

I agree, "squatters" believe that they own public hunting grounds and will use force to keep it. Unfortunately, most of these are backed up by the wardens.

Myself and another buddy on here put up a blind in a questionable area a few years ago. Went out to brush it and it was GONE. not even a trace. Burning blinds leaves evidence, so apparently the way to go is theft.

But please, hunt White Castle opening day. Im sure we will hear the shots long before shooting time.
matt99
hunter

Postby drakethedog1970 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 pm

matt99 wrote:
drakethedog1970 wrote:
tb44 wrote:bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is going to get interesting ! go put that blind in there going to be a waste of time and money ahahahhahahahahah....wish I was going to be there to watch all this go down

What, will something happen to my blind in there? I'm just trying to hunt and kill some quackers. I researched that the A.C.O.E owns the rights in the river anyway.quote]

I agree, "squatters" believe that they own public hunting grounds and will use force to keep it. Unfortunately, most of these are backed up by the wardens.

Myself and another buddy on here put up a blind in a questionable area a few years ago. Went out to brush it and it was GONE. not even a trace. Burning blinds leaves evidence, so apparently the way to go is theft.

But please, hunt White Castle opening day. Im sure we will hear the shots long before shooting time.

I will return fire.
drakethedog1970
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Hahaha! If the guy whose blind has an x on it could see that picture he'd lose his mind :lol:
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby AaronR » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Wow...you Shreveport guys are ridiculous. You want season moved earlier into October so you can shoot more teal and spoonies, you think you own every piece of water on that side of the state, and your on a DUCK HUNTING forum and don't expect people to say where they saw ducks..get real guys, this isn't high school. You are talking with grown men. Classic example here and the Wallace lake posts of why duk hunters get a bad rep. I am going to hunt darbonne, upper ouachita, and felsenthal this year as always. The number of people will be ridiculous but we will kill ducks and have fun as always. I would be willing to bet we have more hunting pressure than you guys have ever seen but you won't encounter any of this nonsense seen here. WOW fellas, you make us all proud!
AaronR
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:07 pm

AaronR wrote:Wow...you Shreveport guys are ridiculous. You want season moved earlier into October so you can shoot more teal and spoonies, you think you own every piece of water on that side of the state, and your on a DUCK HUNTING forum and don't expect people to say where they saw ducks..get real guys, this isn't high school. You are talking with grown men. Classic example here and the Wallace lake posts of why duk hunters get a bad rep. I am going to hunt darbonne, upper ouachita, and felsenthal this year as always. The number of people will be ridiculous but we will kill ducks and have fun as always. I would be willing to bet we have more hunting pressure than you guys have ever seen but you won't encounter any of this nonsense seen here. WOW fellas, you make us all proud!

I hunt those refuges every year and there's always 15 or 20 ppl hunting. Maybe less. it doesn't even hold a candle to the pressure ducks see around here. That's why ppl are so funny bout telling ppl about their spots. Imagine heading to launch that opening morning and it look like the first day of the bass masters classic their are so many boats lined up. We dont have as many places to spread out so u cram all these ppl into small areas every weekend
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Toledo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:39 pm

matt99 wrote:Myself and another buddy on here put up a blind in a questionable area a few years ago. Went out to brush it and it was GONE. not even a trace. Burning blinds leaves evidence, so apparently the way to go is theft.

Id have what we call a Missourri boat ride. Cut the lines on every blind around, drag it out to the middle of the river, let it roll on south.
Toledo
hunter

Postby Duck Enticer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:47 am

Toledo wrote:
matt99 wrote:Myself and another buddy on here put up a blind in a questionable area a few years ago. Went out to brush it and it was GONE. not even a trace. Burning blinds leaves evidence, so apparently the way to go is theft.

Id have what we call a Missourri boat ride. Cut the lines on every blind around, drag it out to the middle of the river, let it roll on south.

Whooped em again Josey!
Negrodamus knows!
Duck Enticer
hunter

Postby tb44 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 am

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha .......theres 2 blinds within 500 yards of that spot go ahead put it out there ahahahahahhahahahah and the other spot is hunted very regularly as well this is amazing!!!!! God I hope you guys are just trolling........

going to be epic!
tb44
hunter

Postby AaronR » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 am

Greenhead Grappler wrote:I hunt those refuges every year and there's always 15 or 20 ppl hunting. Maybe less. it doesn't even hold a candle to the pressure ducks see around here. That's why ppl are so funny bout telling ppl about their spots. Imagine heading to launch that opening morning and it look like the first day of the bass masters classic their are so many boats lined up. We dont have as many places to spread out so u cram all these ppl into small areas every weekend

Have you ever hunted Felsenthal or Darbonne on opening day? If you get there at 3am you will still be at least the 20th boat in line at any ramp. There is tons of pressure here I guarantee. Wherever you hunt there will be someone set up within 200yrds of you in every direction. That is if they arent closer. But yes our places here are big and have more places to hunt.

I cant attest for the hunting pressure over there, I have buddy that lives over there and hunts the river and Toledo. He never complains of too many people so I just have his word to go off of. I guess it just doesnt make sense to me why having a blind on Wallace Lake or Red River is such a big deal? Duck hunting should be a sport where you can take your kids and teach them the joys of being out there. Not for grown men to fight and act like 16yr old kids over shooting a few ducks.
AaronR
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 am

I know we are getting off topic, but I wish it was like darbonne or UO. I wish they'd outlaw blinds. I'd gladly remove mine. But truth is ppl making rules and enforcing them have those blinds. I tried for years to hunt around in my boat and wading. As soon as you found a spot with some ducks some moocher hears you shooting and you go back and there's a blind. So it's not what a lot of ppl want, but you have join them bc you cant beat them. And that's all we got. Wish we had a refuge like UO over here but we don't and if we did they'd figure out how to screw that up
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby teaves2257 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 am

AaronR wrote:Have you ever hunted Felsenthal or Darbonne on opening day? If you get there at 3am you will still be at least the 20th boat in line at any ramp. .

I bet that's a fun boat race. Everyone has to leave at the same time.
teaves2257
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 am

I'm moving to the Northwest La area in a week. Any ideas on where I could build a couple of blinds? Not asking for any secret spots just somewhere i can sit and watch the sun come up and shoot a limit or three
Park Duck
hunter

Postby AaronR » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 pm

teaves2257 wrote:I bet that's a fun boat race. Everyone has to leave at the same time.

haha. yea it gets exciting!

I personally love hunting the refuges over here even though there is always that one group jealous of where you are wanting your ducks when all they need to do is be patient. I think that all public land hunting should go to no permenant blinds and only 1 box of shells per hunter. that would be my suggestion. People think limiting shells makes the hunt harder when in reality it makes you wait on better opportunities and to maximize your killing potential. Bottom line is you purposely shoot and aim better and kill more ducks with less shots.
AaronR
hunter

Duck Report

Postby La. Hunter » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:19 pm

AaronR wrote:
teaves2257 wrote:I bet that's a fun boat race. Everyone has to leave at the same time.

haha. yea it gets exciting!

You can't put in at Joe Bobs off Whites Ferry and leave when you want?
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby teaves2257 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm sure you can put in at whites ferry early but your not suppose to enter the refuge until 4am.....
Last time we were there I notice 2-3 boats in there and set up when we got to where we wanted to hunt. I figured guys were going in early from down there.
teaves2257
hunter

Postby drakethedog1970 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:07 am

Park Duck wrote:I'm moving to the Northwest La area in a week. Any ideas on where I could build a couple of blinds? Not asking for any secret spots just somewhere i can sit and watch the sun come up and shoot a limit or three

Follow the map I made, I love hunting with a bunch of people! I plan on bringing at least 15 people, any duck that enters will sure wont get out!!!

Also, the blinds that are 500 yards by the X where I'm putting my new blind will be OK unless they're shooting rifles. I'll have a few sheriffs with me just in case anyone wants to start any trouble. I didn't spend 12k for nothing!

Off subject though, what are the best duck calls you can buy? I currently use all Duck Commander calls, but I think there are better ones out there.

Also anyone interested in hunting with me, feel free to pm me your contact info and I'll swing by and pick you up!
Last edited by drakethedog1970 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
drakethedog1970
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting