Youth season specks

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Youth season specks

Postby Duce » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 pm

I was trying to figure out if it was legal to shoot specks during the youth season. I have looked on the ldwf and it don't specifically say anything about shooting geese. All it shows is youth waterfowl season and just talks about ducks. :help:
Duce
hunter

Re: Youth season specks

Postby Fowlobsession » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:06 pm

last season was my last youth hunt and the booklet said specks were not open but in the part about the youth hunt it says, " youths 15 and younger may harvest ducks, geese, coots and mergansers." so i killed two specks.
"Machine gun willy"

"loco duck club"

"fowl play duck club"

"Hunt until hell freezes over, and when it does, hunt on the ice."
Fowlobsession
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Fowlobsession wrote:last season was my last youth hunt and the booklet said specks were not open but in the part about the youth hunt it says, " youths 15 and younger may harvest ducks, geese, coots and mergansers." so i killed two specks.

I'd be careful what I posted up for the world to see.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby Fowlobsession » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:45 pm

MODuckkiller wrote:
Fowlobsession wrote:last season was my last youth hunt and the booklet said specks were not open but in the part about the youth hunt it says, " youths 15 and younger may harvest ducks, geese, coots and mergansers." so i killed two specks.

im posotive it was legal
"Machine gun willy"

"loco duck club"

"fowl play duck club"

Fowlobsession
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Fowlobsession wrote:
MODuckkiller wrote:

im posotive it was legal

If you're as positive* on the legalities of hunting as you are on your spelling, I'd say it'd be best to just listen to my advice.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby Fowlobsession » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:34 pm

it also says duck is closed except for in the part about the youth season. and please inform me on on how my spelling has anything to do with duck hunting.
"Machine gun willy"

"loco duck club"

"fowl play duck club"

Fowlobsession
hunter

Postby Lreynolds » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Everything that is legal during the regular season is legal during the Youth Waterfowl days. I wish I could have replied earlier, but I see your post was made at 7:23 the night before the hunt (at least in the West and Coastal Zones).

The regulations on our website at: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/defa ... 2013-1.pdf clearly state that youths "may take ducks, geese, mergansers, coots, and gallinules" and "Bag limits are the same as regular duck season."
Lreynolds
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting