Migration Report

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Migration Report

Postby HunterRay7 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 am

Whats everyones take on migration this year and how do you think the season will be for NW LA? Any one been seeing large groups? Dont have to say where...
HunterRay7
hunter

Re: Migration Report

Postby AaronR » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Looking good in NE La. Very impressed with numbers of big ducks here. I hear NW La is the same way.
AaronR
hunter

Postby HunterRay7 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks for your report man! Hope you have a good season out there and I hope we do too!
HunterRay7
hunter

Postby tb44 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Long term averages are prob still below what we used to see but def better then what we have had the last 2 years. What areas that have birds now will be gone within 2 weeks do to over pressure. Then the botching will start saying we should have opened 2 weeks ago... But the truth is the birds will be on small areas of backwater or cypress breaks that are mostly if not all on private land (currently due to little rainfall for public areas) and off of big lakes....Big lake hunters will still hunt everyday of the season the same ones that always do from there same blinds they've had for years and years and cuss as
Number continue to dwindle week after week. Weekend warrior/new duck hunters will fade out during this time as well. Then the duck killing will begin for those who know were to go and put in the effort.

This is true except for the blinds that are on the x and have always been on the x!

But it's def not worth a drive from out of state or even from east zone if your over an hr away! It will be like Hunting at the mall the first month... Several blinds will be burned same every year ! Hahahha
tb44
hunter

Postby AaronR » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:22 pm

tb44 wrote:But it's def not worth a drive from out of state or even from east zone if your over an hr away! It will be like Hunting at the mall the first month... Several blinds will be burned same every year ! Hahahha

Well I will be making the drive over from Monroe to hunt with some buddies. I am used to hunting in that kind of environment so people are no big deal. Word is there is plenty of ducks there so we shall see come shooting time Saturday morning. I will admit after saturday I wont be back.
AaronR
hunter

Postby POKER1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:17 pm

AaronR wrote:
tb44 wrote:But it's def not worth a drive from out of state or even from east zone if your over an hr away! It will be like Hunting at the mall the first month... Several blinds will be burned same every year ! Hahahha

Well I will be making the drive over from Monroe to hunt with some buddies. I am used to hunting in that kind of environment so people are no big deal. Word is there is plenty of ducks there so we shall see come shooting time Saturday morning. I will admit after saturday I wont be back.

You keep saying that but I am not seeing it. Maybe I need glasses.......... :lol3:
POKER1
hunter

Migration Report

Postby Sclf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:28 am

We are seeing really good numbers in sw la. Green wing real are down in large numbers, we usually don't see that till later on. It's shaping up to be a great year.
Sclf
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Sclf wrote:We are seeing really good numbers in sw la. Green wing real are down in large numbers, we usually don't see that till later on. It's shaping up to be a great year.

And our marsh usually has greenwings swarming like blackbirds a couple weeks before the opener, but none yet this year. Go figure.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby POKER1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:19 am

I'll take limits if green wings any day.
POKER1
hunter

Postby bluebill killer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:15 pm

This front hitting Sunday night should either bring the birds in big numbers or clear them out of the area. Hope the birds are here thick monday morning. Goodluck to everyone
bluebill killer
hunter

Postby POKER1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:47 pm

bluebill killer wrote:This front hitting Sunday night should either bring the birds in big numbers or clear them out of the area. Hope the birds are here thick monday morning. Goodluck to everyone

x2
POKER1
hunter

Postby drakethedog1970 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 pm

bluebill killer wrote:This front hitting Sunday night should either bring the birds in big numbers or clear them out of the area. Hope the birds are here thick monday morning. Goodluck to everyone

Man I hope so, because I can only hunt a few more days then I'm off to Germany (USAF), Bad timing, but oh well
drakethedog1970
hunter

Postby Tbaggie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:23 am

not too bad of a start to my 18th season on the river. will be out this week (vacation) on the river. drakethedog, sucks you have to go to germany, but thank you for your service to this great country. :thumbsup:
Hit em with a Tbag
Tbaggie
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting