Duck Hunting Forum banner

where are they going???????

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  D Comeaux 
#1 ·
i've been seeing for the past three mornings a LARGE number of high flocks of ducks from sunrise until about 9:00 am heading south. They arent hanging around my area so where are they going? The marsh? It's getting harder to pull any from these flocks. Think i'm going to down size my setup.

#3 ·
Yesterday morning's was the only serious, perhaps new, high big duck flight we've seen in recent days. This morning's flight was much smaller and from the south.

The subject puts me in mind of a friend's grandfather down in Creole who told him he'd been studying dem ducks for sixty-some years and finally figured out that he wasn't going to figure them out. I'm way ahead of that curve, as I gave up long ago.

#4 ·
T-TOP said:
Not sure where you at, but they not in our marshes! And we about as far south as you gonna get....
South of Gueydan

Rick Hall said:
Yesterday morning's was the only serious, perhaps new, high big duck flight we've seen in recent days. This morning's flight was much smaller and from the south.

The subject puts me in mind of a friend's grandfather down in Creole who told him he'd been studying dem ducks for sixty-some years and finally figured out that he wasn't going to figure them out. I'm way ahead of that curve, as I gave up long ago.
:lol3: Rick that is so true but the frustration sets in and here we go!! :lol3:

#5 ·
Yesterday morning it was slow but around 9:30 there wasn't one minute where there weren't 200-300 greys around the blind. After leaving the water called a friend who went out during halftime of the saints game and shot his limit in 20 minutes. Seems like the birds are flying later in the day but the marshes of Chauvin are packed with ducks. If you are close to pointe aux chenes I would bet they are doing well also.

#6 ·
D Comeaux said:
T-TOP said:
Not sure where you at, but they not in our marshes! And we about as far south as you gonna get....
South of Gueydan

Rick Hall said:

:lol3: Rick that is so true but the frustration sets in and here we go!! :lol3:
they are heading to the gulf to sit off marsh island by the thousands....

#7 ·
I'd post video of the mallards pouring in nearby marsh like a blue goose tornado while the coyote was shagging lost ducks for one of our marsh blinds after yesterday's hunt, but don't want Swamp to get sicker. Looked like an Arkansas refuge except for the roseaus.

But there may not be a one out there this morning.

#8 ·
Rick Hall said:
I'd post video of the mallards pouring in nearby marsh like a blue goose tornado while the coyote was shagging lost ducks for one of our marsh blinds after yesterday's hunt, but don't want Swamp to get sicker. Looked like an Arkansas refuge except for the roseaus.

But there may not be a one out there this morning.
My son went out this morning alone to brush up and made a quick hunt. One shy of his limit and did see a good amount of mallards and more in the area. Tomorrow should be GOOD!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.