A great hunt

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

A great hunt

Postby OldCypress » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Went on my first weekend lottery hunt at Sherburne today. Drew Zone 9, and sat back and watched the show. 15 minutes before shooting light 70 or so snows got up off the roost, which was quite a sight to see so close to our makeshift blind. Missed a flock of teal and a flock of woodies early, and had a pair of specks look us over several times before heading elsewhere. Other than that, we had around 50-75 mallards work us until about 10 am, but nothing would finish (probably our fault). We managed two, but still had a great time, and on public land to boot! The photo is of a childhood friend of mine who came home from naval bootcamp, which made the hunt all the more special.
Attachments
image.jpg
Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.
OldCypress
hunter

Re: A great hunt

Postby LSUzeke » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Congrats! I like to hear a report about plenty birds. I just made my first duck hunt at Sherburne and did not do well but I am planning on going back out Monday morning so hopefully all the birds arent hunkered down in South Farm.
LSUzeke
hunter

Re: A great hunt

Postby OldCypress » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:50 am

The rest of the blinds had some interesting reports. 2A limited out on ringnecks, while blind 5 managed two suzies, 2 wigeon and a dos gris. Blind 6 shot a hoodie and dos gris, and that was it.
Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.
OldCypress
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting