Taxidermist in Shreveport area

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Taxidermist in Shreveport area

Postby southbistineau » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Anybody have recommendations for a taxidermist in NW Louisiana, Shreveport area? Also what price range should I expect to pay for a spoonbill flying mount?

Thanks.
southbistineau
hunter

Re: Taxidermist in Shreveport area

Postby AaronR » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Dont know any around shreveport, Larry McGough in West Monroe is very good with birds. Best I have seen so far in this area. And you can expect $180-$225 I would guess. The cheaper it gets done the worse it will look from my experiences
AaronR
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Mike Baker if he is still doing it. Woodwards in keithville does great mounts but is very slow. There is a guy Chris down the road from me, not sure of his last name but I can find out. He is backed up but hands down the best that I have ever seen.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby NocEm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Kevin Brocato - Masters of the Sky Taxidermy in Shreveport. Hands down the best in this part of the state, if not the Arklatex. Quality costs though, your looking at $225.00 a bird.
NocEm
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:58 pm

NocEm wrote:Kevin Brocato - Masters of the Sky Taxidermy in Shreveport. Hands down the best in this part of the state, if not the Arklatex. Quality costs though, your looking at $225.00 a bird.

He is the guy that did all the ones in the case at Bass Pro, I forgot all about him.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting