Shell Limits

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Re: Shell Limits

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:04 am

Im in nwla the red has none of this grass nor does the wma's or private land i hunt. Some lakes not all have it.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:34 am

D Comeaux, I read somewhere that there are 3 agents per parish. It is my understanding that the agents in the region will work together with the agents from their neighboring parishes in the same region.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 am

Lets try to keep this from being locked! Argue all you want, but lets keep it clean. State your opinions, but please don't bash members or let it get personal.

Thanks,

La. Hunter
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby A5Mag12 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 am

rebelp74 wrote:Im in nwla the red has none of this grass nor does the wma's or private land i hunt. Some lakes not all have it.

Yes it is in the Red. Caddo and Bistineau both are full of it and they flow into the Red. You evidently don't get around near as much as you claim or you would know better. You have lost all credibility on any subject.
A5Mag12
hunter

Postby southbistineau » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:53 am

Went to the Red River twice this year. Saw salvinia both times. But the Red gets flushed out with high water so only the back areas will get choked up.

Right now I think Bistineau is as bad as it has ever been. I am worried about the fishing areas by this summer. I have seen two things that really helped on Bistineau. One was when the lake overflowed and washed it out over the dam. The other was during the winter where the temps got down into the teens a lot. That killed it as well.

The salvinia has dictated where I have tried to hunt on Bistineau this year. The ducks didn't seem to mind being along the edges of it or if it was widely scattered. But if it was in an area pretty heavy, no ducks. So we have stayed mobile depending on where the wind had the stuff grouped up at.
southbistineau
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:50 pm

A5Mag12 wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:Im in nwla the red has none of this grass nor does the wma's or private land i hunt. Some lakes not all have it.

Yes it is in the Red. Caddo and Bistineau both are full of it and they flow into the Red. You evidently don't get around near as much as you claim or you would know better. You have lost all credibility on any subject.

Not sure about caddo but yes bistineau is overrun, thats why they drain it. I have a ton of blinds on the red, in all the different cuts in pool 5 i hunted most of the time in those and have never seen salvania in any of them.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby Hollywood Mallard » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:14 pm

I think they should make the limit 6 thats all it useually take me anyway!
Hollywood Mallard
Newb

Postby AaronR » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 am

rebelp74 wrote:
A5Mag12 wrote:

Not sure about caddo but yes bistineau is overrun, thats why they drain it. I have a ton of blinds on the red, in all the different cuts in pool 5 i hunted most of the time in those and have never seen salvania in any of them.

Rebel, A5 has 47 years of duck hunting experience. This makes him of infinite knowledge and everyone else knows nothing.. :bow:

Take the GRASS ISSUES here; viewtopic.php?f=33&t=219422

Back to the topic!

Hollywood Mallard wrote:I think they should make the limit 6 thats all it useually take me anyway!

This guy is right on target! :clapping:
AaronR
hunter

Postby Hollywood Mallard » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:28 am

This guy is right on target! :clapping:[/quote]

Thats right... i useually just let them light in... some times i get 2 in one shot
Hollywood Mallard
Newb

Postby Sclf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 pm

How does a thread about she'll limits turn into one aquatic plant invasion?
Anyway, to say that it would take more resources to enforce a shell limit is ridiculous. We all know that any game law is hard to enforce. There are not nearly enough wardens compared to hunters. Overall, sportsmen follow the laws that are set out. The ones who don't, will get caught eventually, or maybe not. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't put laws in place. And to say that If a new law is put into place, it will not allow for land management or plant eradication is ridiculous. It's not a one or the other question.
Sclf
hunter

Postby AaronR » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 am

Sclf wrote:How does a thread about she'll limits turn into one aquatic plant invasion?
Anyway, to say that it would take more resources to enforce a shell limit is ridiculous. We all know that any game law is hard to enforce. There are not nearly enough wardens compared to hunters. Overall, sportsmen follow the laws that are set out. The ones who don't, will get caught eventually, or maybe not. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't put laws in place. And to say that If a new law is put into place, it will not allow for land management or plant eradication is ridiculous. It's not a one or the other question.

My thoughts exactly!
AaronR
hunter

Postby killingtime » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 pm

a5mag u seem to get more fun out of seeing some one else not having a good hunt ? you keep bitchen about all them !!!! maybe you are one of them. try and some fun buddy been doing this 30+ as to shell limit,s the ldwf given inch take a mile! got enuff rules now
killingtime
hunter

Postby Underradar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:59 pm

If you goobers want to limit shells, we also need to limit you to one spot to hunt per year. Choose your spot carefully.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Previous

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting