Leases and Blinds in Tensas & Beouf River area

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Leases and Blinds in Tensas & Beouf River area

Postby mallardmjt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:15 pm

I have a camp on Turkey Creek Lake in the Jigger area. I am looking for a pit blind in a field or flooded timber lease in the area. Would also like to know if anyone in the area builds floating blinds. My email is mallardmjt2004@yahoo or you can call at 318-243-5057. Marty T.
mallardmjt
Newb

Re: Leases and Blinds in Tensas & Beouf River area

Postby alans » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:41 pm

High water must have made you have enough of the brake lol. I hunt out in tom King lake and it was tough.
alans
hunter

Postby mallardmjt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:29 pm

alans wrote:High water must have made you have enough of the brake lol. I hunt out in tom King lake and it was tough.

I have been hunting Turkey creek for about 25 years. Hasn't been the same since they got rid of the duck seed on the lake. I have a blind straight out from Red Neck (Donnie Wallace) landing on the Jigger side. Have a camp there also. Me and my hunting buddies have kids that are hunting now and we have run out of room in our blind. Looking to expand.
mallardmjt
Newb

Postby alans » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm

You must hunt the treehouse blind straight out from Wallace. Spraying salvinia is why we are losing duck weed. Haven't even seen coontail out there in a couple of years.
alans
hunter

Postby mallardmjt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:18 am

Yep that's us. We will be building another treehouse in another year. We got burned out a couple of years ago and the trees are dying. You ought to come by and visit sometime we are always cooking something. There are about seven of us. We all grew up in Ruston area and have moved off since we graduated. We're scattered now from Dallas, Hattisburg, Baton Rouge, and Alexandria. Duck season is about the only time we get a chance to get together. Going to be there this weekend fishing. Hope the water has cleared up a little to hang a few yo yo's
mallardmjt
Newb

Postby alans » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 am

yea, i heard from mr johhny ferrington that yall were from ruston. they catching some right now on yo yos, so it should be good this weekend. every couple of years some butt decides to go and burn blinds. they caught some guys a couple years ago burning blinds. yall have a epic season when the lake was drawn down?
alans
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting