A day on the lake

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

A day on the lake

Postby AaronR » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 am

Decided to get out Friday and Saturday and attempt to catch some fish on the lake. Low and behold the first boat that came by had 2 guys on the front with their spider rigs draggin drinking out of Uncle Si Tea Cups.. :no:

Saw 3 more boats with guys drinking from those same cups! I hope they dont do a show on crappie fishing..already if you catch one fish they swarm to you asking how deep to fish and what color to use while drinking from their Uncle Si cups. Even saw one guy in FULL CAMO from head to toe including cloves..Im not talking about a camo jacket or camo bibs. I mean camo long sleeve shirt, camo pants, camo gloves, camo beanie, and an orange Uncle Si Tea Cup. :no:

What next!? :fingerhead:

On the up side, caught 33 friday and 45 saturday.
AaronR
hunter

Re: A day on the lake

Postby TimberMan34 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 am

That is pretty funny but not funny at the same time.
I saw it right off, didnt put enough dirt down
TimberMan34
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:01 pm

That show was one of the worst things to happen to us. There isn't gonna be a frog hole left untouched this summer. :no:
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby AaronR » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:07 pm

rebelp74 wrote:That show was one of the worst things to happen to us. There isn't gonna be a frog hole left untouched this summer. :no:

Even though my wife and I both like the show and watch every episode, I do agree with you. They will be out in full force with facepaint and all chasing frogs! I didnt even think about that...better hit em hard early!
AaronR
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 pm

AaronR wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:That show was one of the worst things to happen to us. There isn't gonna be a frog hole left untouched this summer. :no:

Even though my wife and I both like the show and watch every episode, I do agree with you. They will be out in full force with facepaint and all chasing frogs! I didnt even think about that...better hit em hard early!

I bet they wear neoprene waders too! Even if they ain't wading. The show wasn't bad and at times funny, but I don't watch anymore due to the excessive amount of D.A.'s that have followed.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby TimberMan34 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Wait till next year. L and M outdoors in West Monroe is closing there store and Duck Commander and Buck Commander bought it and they are opening their new sporting goods/gift shop there. So yall get ready for more paint and black hoodies being sold than ever. One stop shop for Duck Commander hunting gear.
I saw it right off, didnt put enough dirt down
TimberMan34
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:01 pm

TimberMan34 wrote:Wait till next year. L and M outdoors in West Monroe is closing there store and Duck Commander and Buck Commander bought it and they are opening their new sporting goods/gift shop there. So yall get ready for more paint and black hoodies being sold than ever. One stop shop for Duck Commander hunting gear.

Atleast with that you can tell who the newbs are. A real shame.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:57 pm

What lake? How deep? What color jigs? Can you post directions/gps coordinates? :fingerhead:

AaronR wrote:Decided to get out Friday and Saturday and attempt to catch some fish on the lake. Low and behold the first boat that came by had 2 guys on the front with their spider rigs draggin drinking out of Uncle Si Tea Cups.. :no:

Saw 3 more boats with guys drinking from those same cups! I hope they dont do a show on crappie fishing..already if you catch one fish they swarm to you asking how deep to fish and what color to use while drinking from their Uncle Si cups. Even saw one guy in FULL CAMO from head to toe including cloves..Im not talking about a camo jacket or camo bibs. I mean camo long sleeve shirt, camo pants, camo gloves, camo beanie, and an orange Uncle Si Tea Cup. :no:

What next!? :fingerhead:

On the up side, caught 33 friday and 45 saturday.
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Postby AaronR » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 am

How bout I just send a dropped pin on google maps so u can make sure u find it?
AaronR
hunter

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 pm

AaronR wrote:How bout I just send a dropped pin on google maps so u can make sure u find it?

hahaha, that'd be mighty white of ya. :thumbsup:
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting