Waterfowl Hunting Public Meeting in Monroe

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Waterfowl Hunting Public Meeting in Monroe

Postby Lreynolds » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 am

Dear Duck Hunters,

Your opportunity has arrived!!! On April 4th at the Marriott Courtyard (Next to Pecanland Mall) at 5:30 P M. , we are having a Public Waterfowl Forum and we are fortunate to have Mr. Larry Reynolds , State Biologists and Waterfowl Program Manager, and Mr. Ronny Graham , our East Zone Commissioner, attend and make a presentation at the Forum. We will also have information on the 2013/2014 season dates and will also have time for Q &A. This is a free public forum and thanks to James Moore who donated the room at the Marriott. Please spread the news and see the enclosed Save the Date Flyer attached above. Also RSVP so that we can get an approx. number of attendees. Don’t miss this if you have an interest in Duck Hunting in Northeast La. This will be the only one this year for our East zone. RSVP to Ben Peters, Jr.-- benpetersjr@bellsouth.net , Billy Haddad -- bhaddad@ctbonline.com. Ethan Hunt—eah@dfklaw.com
or Richard Bordelon—Richard@grahambordelon.com

LOUISIANA WATERFOWL HUNTING
PUBLIC FORUM MEETING
DATE: THURSDAY--APRIL 4TH, 2013
TIME: 5:30 P.M. TO 6:30 P. M.

NEW HUNTER-OPINION SURVEY TO BE DISCUSSED
UPDATES ON CURRENT WATERFOWL ISSUES
SEASON DATES FOR 2013/2014 WILL BE DISCUSSED

GUEST SPEAKER –MR. LARRY REYNOLDS-STATE BIOLOGIST AND WATERFOWL PROGRAM MANAGER AND COMMISSIONER-MR. RONNY GRAHAM (EAST ZONE REPRESENTATIVE)

DON’T MISS THIS—YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO VOICE YOUR OPINION ON DUCK SEASON DATES, OR ANY OTHER WATERFOWL HUNTING TOPIC
Lreynolds
hunter

Re: Waterfowl Hunting Public Meeting in Monroe

Postby Park Duck » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 am

Larry why aren't there any catahoula lake questions on the survey this year?
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Lreynolds » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:50 am

We asked questions about Catahoula Lake on last year's survey. The most popular response was "no opinion" showing the issues to be more local in scope compared to things like season dates, zones, satisfaction with the hunting season, etc. No changes to management were proposed for this year at Catahoula Lake, so I didn't have any high-priority concerns. (Actually, none of the issues on the survey were a high-priority concern for me, but controversy over season dates in the East zone last year was the reason I was forced to do a survey this year).

What questions do you think should have been asked about Catahoula Lake?
Lreynolds
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:46 pm

I really think the permament blind issue and decoys left out needs to be addressed.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Lreynolds » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Assuming that "addressed" means "eliminated", that wasn't supported for either on the opinion survey conducted at the Lake, and elimination of private blinds was not supported by a majority of hunters on the state-wide opinion survey because most hunters had "no opinion".

I'm not sure what would be gained by asking those questions again a year later.
Lreynolds
hunter

Postby A5Mag12 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Any plans for a west zone meeting?
A5Mag12
hunter

Postby Lreynolds » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Yes, I'm currently trying to work out a meeting location for April 29th. As soon as I can confirm, I will publicize it.

I think a meeting in the Shreveport area is important, and I hope you and others will attend.
Lreynolds
hunter

Postby A5Mag12 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:20 pm

I'll be there.
A5Mag12
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting