Bayou Buck members

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Re: Bayou Buck members

Postby Captchaz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Assault wrote:
Captchaz wrote:
Assault wrote:
Captchaz wrote:
Delta1389 wrote:
Captchaz wrote:Delta.. Im not no expert on the wax but ill show you around if you want to go try that side..

Sounds like a plan man. I'd appreciate it!

Teal season ill be making a few trips when off the boat so we can get together..

When r u off during teal?

Im getting off boat sept17 for 14 days..

I get off sept 11th for 14 days, we can hook up for teal! I got a guided hunt I'm going on with my wife sept 21st in lake author

We can do that..
Captchaz
hunter

Postby Assault » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Fellas, I'm like a kid in a candy store! My pro bore extended mod choke came in for my V-Max! Burt a half a box thru it tonight! Love the flame it puts out! But learned that the v-max wont cycle those 1.5" long shells! But sounds like a grenade with 3.5" hyper sonics! Looks like sept. 15 better get here quick!
If I c it in the air, it's coming down!
Assault
hunter

Postby Captchaz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:09 pm

Assault wrote:Fellas, I'm like a kid in a candy store! My pro bore extended mod choke came in for my V-Max! Burt a half a box thru it tonight! Love the flame it puts out! But learned that the v-max wont cycle those 1.5" long shells! But sounds like a grenade with 3.5" hyper sonics! Looks like sept. 15 better get here quick!

Gald you like it man.. im ready also.. been shooting kent the last few yrs and really like them.. my beretta likes them also..
Captchaz
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:55 am

Assault wrote:Fellas, I'm like a kid in a candy store!...Love the flame it puts out!...sounds like a grenade with 3.5" hyper sonics!

Sounds like your user name fits you well.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Assault » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:15 am

Captchaz wrote:
Assault wrote:Fellas, I'm like a kid in a candy store! My pro bore extended mod choke came in for my V-Max! Burt a half a box thru it tonight! Love the flame it puts out! But learned that the v-max wont cycle those 1.5" long shells! But sounds like a grenade with 3.5" hyper sonics! Looks like sept. 15 better get here quick!

Gald you like it man.. im ready also.. been shooting kent the last few yrs and really like them.. my beretta likes them also..

Guess I'm gunna burn up some shells this morning shooting some clays. Since I gotta go back to the boat tomorrow, I'll get the new choke broke in and clean up my guns before I head out
Assault
hunter

Postby Assault » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:53 pm

4 more weeks and counting
Assault
hunter

Postby deliriousII » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Shot clays with a buddy about 5 times in the past two months...gonna have to start slinging them harder and faster now though! We did learn that we should switch sides when we are in the blind because his weaker shooting side is my stronger, and vice versa. I dunno if it is the greatest idea though because then our shells will eject in each others face.
quack addict
deliriousII
hunter

Postby Assault » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:46 pm

deliriousII wrote:Shot clays with a buddy about 5 times in the past two months...gonna have to start slinging them harder and faster now though! We did learn that we should switch sides when we are in the blind because his weaker shooting side is my stronger, and vice versa. I dunno if it is the greatest idea though because then our shells will eject in each others face.

Yea, I'd say not a good choice! Lol
Assault
hunter

Postby deliriousII » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 am

The most logical thing to do would be work on our weak sides more. We each take 15 shells at a time and throw skeet until they are gone then let the guns cool and drink a beer. Each time we try to throw about half to the weaker side to improve our shooting. I have become a big fan of the hand throwers because you can place the skeet wherever. The gunman, standing in front of the thrower, has no idea where it is going to be or if there is a second one right behind it (2 throwers). It has turned out to be GREAT practice and has significantly improved our shooting
quack addict
deliriousII
hunter

Postby dog walker » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 pm

deliriousII wrote:The most logical thing to do would be work on our weak sides more. We each take 15 shells at a time and throw skeet until they are gone then let the guns cool and drink a beer. Each time we try to throw about half to the weaker side to improve our shooting. I have become a big fan of the hand throwers because you can place the skeet wherever. The gunman, standing in front of the thrower, has no idea where it is going to be or if there is a second one right behind it (2 throwers). It has turned out to be GREAT practice and has significantly improved our shooting

We'll place the shooter at the back of the truck with the thrower standing in the bed of the truck. You just have to be careful not to hit the shooter in the head with low flying targets.
dog walker
hunter

Postby deliriousII » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 am

Forgot to add that....we stand in the bed to throw too
quack addict
deliriousII
hunter

Previous

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting