Duck Hunting Forum banner

Building a duck pond

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Captchaz 
#1 ·
Any one ever build a duck pond and plant it in a cow pasture? I am wondering how much trouble you have keeping the cows from breaking the fence to get to the crops?

#8 ·
Captchaz said:
gulfcoastquacker said:
just a single hot wire and barb wire?
How many cows use thus pasture man? If not a lot just hot wires is what my buddy uses one on top and one in middle and he has a few hundred cows and horses using the pasture no problems..
Chaz, looks like he can get 2 for 1! Duck and beef! Lol

#9 ·
Assault said:
Captchaz said:
gulfcoastquacker said:
just a single hot wire and barb wire?
How many cows use thus pasture man? If not a lot just hot wires is what my buddy uses one on top and one in middle and he has a few hundred cows and horses using the pasture no problems..
Chaz, looks like he can get 2 for 1! Duck and beef! Lol
Haha you right about that.:lol:
Good hunt for sure..

#10 ·
Hey....i dont think there's a limit on cows...maybe i am looking at this all wrong.....1 shot stock the frezer for months.... :grooving: going to get the electric fence and run a double line...it seems to be the easiest to run and if i ever decide to move it, it wouldn't take much.

#11 ·
gulfcoastquacker said:
Hey....i dont think there's a limit on cows...maybe i am looking at this all wrong.....1 shot stock the frezer for months.... :grooving: going to get the electric fence and run a double line...it seems to be the easiest to run and if i ever decide to move it, it wouldn't take much.
X100 you will be ok with that set up.. barb wire is a lil more of a pain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.